Rugby World Cup 2015

HaydnH

I am a sore loser....hate rugby now! I feel the blame lies solely with Pr. William....

Good game though, and fair play to the Welsh, let's hope they can recruit some more players for their next game.

As my m8 said: Football is 90 mins of men running around pretending they are hurt. Rugby is 90 mins of men running around pretending they are not!

• Like 1

What a game!!!! :D Being a Welsh support Im hugely happy with how the team played, especially in the 2nd half, really stepped up the game. Shame about the injuries, but hopefully this means some fresh players with some new lines to surprise the rest ;)

For those that do not support Wales, England or rugby, the game probably wasnt the best, but from about 2 hours before I was nervous and it was nail biting to the end!!!

Thats a brilliant video.... and I remember seeing a couple of soccer players that came to a six nations and they got interviewed and they were saying how great it was...... oh yes and they can have a pint!!!

Was that a good game then? I'm not a huge rugby person, and don't understand most of the rules, but it didn't seem particularly exciting to me. Too much kicking, not enough running.

Kickings a big part of the modern game now Dan I'm afraid.

There's so much more passion and respect in rugby. I do like football but prefer to play and watch rugby. Gets the adrenaline pumping more.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Posted elsewhere but thought I should probably stick it in here too:

Loving all the Welsh telling us they "smashed" us .......... it was 3 points guys, and even the bookies were backing England until the death. Fair play to Wales but I thought we lost it more than you won it TBH.

As for not taking the kick, I can see his thinking - it would have been a difficult kick, our maul was stronger every time other than the one we needed it to be, and the Japanese got unconstrained praise for doing the same thing, albeit from a much easier kicking position.

What I will say is I dontt hink either team would get close to the big three ......... I guess we will find out later this week though ;)

Best game Ive seen so far was SA vs Japan, but I reckon Ive probably watched 85% and I havent seen a bad game yet. The gap between the second and first tier is closing, but I havent seen any ball handling to touch the Kiwis/Aussies/SA yet, and I dont think any of the Northern Hemisphere teams are gong to win on the forwards alone.

While Im here, can anyone explain how it the groups ended up with 3 potential winners in Group A, 2 potential winners in Group D and only one each in B and C? Wales/England/Australia not making the second round while Scotland win a group and Argentina potentially go through after 2 losses isnt really fair ...........

• Like 1

Not a sport i follow but any pundits i heard all said England played the better rugby and were the better team.

I just dont get why so many penalties are given within kicking distance though, if i were a coach, that would annoy me beyond belief, although one penalty were the english dude was trapped between two Wales players and was done for not rolling away is ridiculous, sorry but if you are interfering with play and can move fine, but if you physical cannot get out the way, it shouldnt be a penalty, perhaps a scrum at best.

One of the beauties of Rugby is that the better team dont always win ;)

As for the penalties, youre bang on the money, discipline is something England have always struggled with. Compare that with Japan who gave barely anything away and kept the ball live for 8.5 minutes after the final whistle, or the Kiwis who cheat all the time and never get picked up for it and its frustrating to say the least.

Sometime it can look like its an over refereed game, but watch Rugby from 25 years ago and youll see the difference, it used to just be fat blokes lying around in mud for 80% of the time :lol: