Rugby World Cup 2015

HaydnH

I'm surprised there isn't a thread already considering it starts in about 6 hours!

Very quiet this time around. I live pretty much on the England - Wales border and usually there's lots of flags on display when a major tournament is underway. So far I haven't seen a single flag. In fact you're far more likely to see a Wales flag when England are involved and they aren't :lol: .

Pete

I hope England reach the final, don't care who against :)

Last nights game does not inspire confidence in the England squad, for 70 minutes they were rubbish, couldnt event start the 2nd half strong and got lucky on some of the calls (IE. disallowed try, very very close to being missed).

I don't think that's quit fair, Fiji are no pushover and to get the five tries against them was a good opening result, England were strong when it got wobbly in spots, but first night nerves played their part. Don't forget, Fiji are ranked 9th in the world rankings and the vast majority are playing high end pro rugby.

Brown, who annoys me in the extreme, was outstanding, if he remains injury free, he'll score against anyone.

No, Fiji are not push overs, but England lacked alot in the game and got very lucky that Fiji fatigued like they did at the end, which made the scoreline VERY flattering IMO.

Brown annoys me as well ;) but he is one hell of a player and was the only one who really pitched up.

11 turnovers is not World Cup winning form and I think WALES will give England a real run for our money, the Oz game will be even tougher.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Saying that, SA just did that and more against Japan.

Japan are scaring the bejesus out of me :help:

Agile, strong, clever, brave, decisive, what a game! Japan, I salute you!

I was at this game.... what support for Japan in the stands.... Im completely shocked that SA lost that, but they kept letting Japan back into the game, giving them easy penalties and turnovers. Off to Wales tomorrow, for there game.

Ireland were looking awesome today!! Good in all aspects of the game........... they will me the team from Europe to watch :)

I am not an avid fan, but caught the end of that game, how easy would it have been for Japan to take a penalty for an easy and still impressive tie, brave doesnt do it justice, I heard one of the commentators say it was like they were playing for their lives and it seemed like it.

We were at the Ireland v Canada in Cardiff, great atmosphere and a terrific result. Canada deserved a bit more to be fair, but a top result for the boys in green.

Off to watch the Argentina v New Zealand match now. Just waiting for the train to arrive, then off we go. Looking forward to a great match

• Like 2

I have nothing at all against the English except when us Welsh are playing England. But to hear the English fans singing over the Fijian's Hakka was disrespectfull to say the least. There would have been a alot of first timers there ~(both english and Fijians whom had wanted to watch and hear the hakka in its full glory and not that chariots up ya arse song.!!!

So unsports like.

I have nothing at all against the English except when us Welsh are playing England. But to hear the English fans singing over the Fijian's Hakka was disrespectfull to say the least. There would have been a alot of first timers there ~(both english and Fijians whom had wanted to watch and hear the hakka in its full glory and not that chariots up ya arse song.!!!

So unsports like.

Couldn't disagree more. The Hakka is designed to intimidate the opposition - who wants to stand around being intimidated? Best thing any team can do is turn their backs to it (I think England did that once actually, and copped a lot of flack for it?). If you do have to stand around while they do their willy waggling, you might as well have the fans cheering you on with your own songs...

Want Wales to win

Think Australia will

Disappointed with the All Blacks

Japan were awesome - kinda hoping it was a one trick pony especially when they play Wales

England have a chance but I wouldn't bet on it

Edited by Mrs Buster

I hated seeing SA lose to Japan, but I did want Japan to do well today.....

Scotland gave Japan a hiding today, various reasons for this, fatigue etc, however, that was a clinical display. I just can't believe we got a bonus point :lol:

Bring on the Box! Mon the Aussies :), n c'mon the Froggies :lol:

Edited by The G Man
  • Like 1