Another what tyre thread...

jr6yam

It's high time I got some new boots for the zed

Although I'm quite keen on the MPSS, I was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations?

I'll be fitting a 'premium' brand, so I'd be interested in opinions of Goodyear, conti's etc

Thanks in advance

Pretty sure I will be getting a set of MPSS' in the next couple of weeks, they're not that much more than other brands; and seem to be worth the extra

Now looking for somewhere to get my RAYS refurbed...

Another for MPSS, really worth the extra, for grip and wear.

Refurbish alloys - BJV Enginerring, near you too. !

•  
    I have used them twice, very reasonably priced and brilliant work.

• Address: Unit 3 Hatton House, Falunden Lane, Hemel Hempstead HP3 0PQ Phone:7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.

Edited by Wendy

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only person who swears by AD08s? :(

Seems that way :p

AD08's are bloody good tyres, no doubt, but they are compromised - they dont handle rain as well as a road type like an MPSS, and they dont stick as much as an R888 or Dunlop DZ. Ive got similar, NS-2R's on my 135 and while they are superb in the dry, they are noticeably worse than an MPSS in anything from damp to soaking conditions, Im going to buy another set of wheels for winter I think.

If youre only driving in summer and doing a fair amoutn of trackwork then an AD08 (or an AD08R) is definitely up there, but for 99% of users its a bit too focused.

And seeing as Im here, I dont want to pick on anyone but its like suspension - most people have used maybe 1 or 2 different varieties, and then stuck with what they are happy with.

Theres nothing wrong with that but it doesnt necessarily qualify you to comment, on my 350Z alone Ive run MPSS, RE050A, RE040, Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, Nankang NS2, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, P Zero Nero, Toyo T1-R, Falken FK452, FK453 and probably a couple of others I dont remember and I wouldnt call myself an expert by any means ........

All Im saying is there are a lot of opinions out there, take them on board before you bite the bullet .......... and take note of just how many people on here recommend the same tyre, Im not sure Ive ever seen that anywhere else.

• Like 1

I use Goodyear Efficientgrips which have an A rating in the wet. Quieter and less road friction than the MPSS.. :stir: Have currently done 15000 in them and the rears still have loads of tread. Never once been surprised by them yet.

I use Goodyear Efficientgrips which have an A rating in the wet. Quieter and less road friction than the MPSS.. :stir: Have currently done 15000 in them and the rears still have loads of tread. Never once been surprised by them yet.

I reckon those tyre ratings are about as accurate as me saying I speak French because I got a C in GCSE French.

• Like 1