Another what tyre thread...

jr6yam

Vredestein ultrac sessanta on mine. Awesome grip in wet and dry. Look comparable to the MPSS for scores though.

They were my thoughts witth the Vreds having had them on the 370.....but then I changed to MPSS and they are in a different league altogether as the grip, wet or dry, only made me wonder why I had not changed earlier.

I'll give them a try when they're due a change

Did a track day at Rockingham on NS2-R's on my 135 at weekend. They were good, predictable, hard wearing ......... but didnt grip anywhere near as much as Id hoped even when up to temp, arguably only as much as an MPSS does.

Top marks for durability but not so much for grip :(

interesting to know was going to buy a set for track i wont now, did you uses the fed rsr before?

I ran rsrs on my Rx7 (big hp) and was very pleased.

I have rsr fronts and trying some soft compound 2r rears and personally think they offered excellent grip, nice stiff sidewall and even if they offer comparable grip to mpss, they are a fair bit cheaper so its a win if you just want a track tyre.

I think its the harder compound but it wasnt as good as DO-1J, R888 or RSR's, they rears are becoming very sensitive to rain now as well. I dont even think they are that old, have prob been on car for 18 months, maybe a bit more. They are good, just not as good as the others :(

IIRC RSR's are the least durable of the others, I might try some DZ03's next time round but definitely going MPSS for winter.