Another what tyre thread...

jr6yam

Check out tyreleader before buying from Oponeo me an Grundy both found it to be chaper

Good advise, i found my n2'r's were cheaper with one while rsr's were cheaper with the other, also worth checking camskill.

Yea I use camskill for supper budget gloryhole tyres

5K is top end, even for tyres made from orange oil, spiderwebs and the empty thoughts of spinsters (SRSLY, those are the other ingredients) :lol:

I went through 7 sets of reasr in the first 13 months I had the 350Z, cant think why :o

Am I the only person who swears by AD08s? :(

I've just moved from MPSS to these - simply because the 19" wheels I bought were already clothed in these Yokohamas AD08R.

Have only put a couple of hundred miles on them delivering my car to a trader on here from "up north" (for him to do some work I hope to report on at the weekend) so too early to properly lean on on them but initial impressions seem quite favourable to ikle old amateur me... :)

Def liked the MPSS and accept these Yokohamas are perhaps a bit more compromised in not being as good in the wet but worth giving them a try.

David

I use Goodyear Efficientgrips which have an A rating in the wet. Quieter and less road friction than the MPSS.. :stir: Have currently done 15000 in them and the rears still have loads of tread. Never once been surprised by them yet.

I reckon those tyre ratings are about as accurate as me saying I speak French because I got a C in GCSE French.

And you are an expert in tyre ratings because..? All I can say is that I speak as I find. The next time I need a full set I'll try out the MPSS and report back on how I find them by comparison. No doubt you will do the same so that you will also be able to give an impartial opinion.

Those ratings are pretty useless. Look at how many tyres get an A: Most of them, and I can tell you from experience that they have massively differing levels of grip in the wet!

This is why NCAP change their test procedures each year, because technology improves and what was hard to get 5 years ago should be easy to get now. The tyre ratings don't do this, so it's actually very easy to get high pass marks. The idea of the ratings is to weed out the truly crap Ling Longs (as opposed to regular Ling Longs), which legislation has managed to do pretty well.

The EfficientGrips are shopping trolley tyres IMHO. They'll do the job, but they are very far from a performance tyre as they're designed for fuel-saving and longevity. That's not me saying that, that's Goodyear themselves.

And you are an expert in tyre ratings because..?

While what Ekona says is totally right, Im a tyre expert because Ive been driving and drifting RWD cars since I was 20 (that was quite a while back now) and if I havent tried 20 different types Id be surprised, I went through 8 sets of rears on my Zed in the first 12 months I owned it. Wear ratings can sometimes be useful, but the grip rating is nonsense, if your shopping trolley tyres are an A then whats an RE050A? A MPSS? A Uniroyal Rainsport? AAA++++A++?? :lol:

I've tried a number of different brands of tyres and out of them all, I have found the MPSS provide the best grip, feedback and confidence for me. It doesn't mean the other tyres I've tried (Bridgestone, Pirelli, Falken, Firestone etc) were particularly bad. Just that the MPSS in my experience are the tyres I've been most impressed with.

waving your penis around again

Are you just following me around sniping or or something? Im trying to give the guy some advice from over 20 years of experience - I guess when you asked me what your car was worth that was just me bigging myself up was it? I do know what Im on about, I dont see any reason to self depreciate on this.

Ive noticed you doing this with Ekona as well, is it just jealousy? Do you feel better about yourself when you call people out and try to make them look stupid?

waving your penis around again

Are you just following me around sniping or or something? Im trying to give the guy some advice from over 20 years of experience - I guess when you asked me what your car was worth that was just me bigging myself up was it? I do know what Im on about, I dont see any reason to self depreciate on this.

Ive noticed you doing this with Ekona as well, is it just jealousy? Do you feel better about yourself when you call people out and try to make them look stupid?

hold on a minute,

1) its a bit of banter

2) i have never asked you to value my car, have i? If i have i don't recall it but it was appreciated if so ;)

3) with ekona i think you will find its very friendly casual fun, ask him

There is a fine line between Modesty and arrogance, take yourself a little less serious and get off you pedestal , i have banter with ekona about the whole MPSS thing among other things he doesn't get his panties in a twist

#TeamM&S

Edited by StevoD

hold on a minute,

1) its a bit of banter

Yesterday was banter and taken as such, going on to post the same thing less than a day later is just a bit :yawn:, the same as the MPSS thing EVERYTIME has become. Bants have a use by date, they dont last forever ;)

And it wasnt your car, it was the other drifty one, apologies.

3) with ekona i think you will find its very friendly casual fun, ask him

Nope, I still think you're a **** :p

:lol:

so does most of the forum so your not alone then

Edit: i didnt say you didnt think i was a cu nt, but you understand its its not maliciously intended

Edited by StevoD

How on earth did you get that past the swear filter?!

Nah, we're cool blud. Me and Doc used to argue like crazy on here too, then things kinda clicked and we realised we're pretty much both awesome as hell.

• Like 1

How on earth did you get that past the swear filter?!

Nah, we're cool blud. Me and Doc used to argue like crazy on here too, then things kinda clicked and we realised we're pretty much both awesome as hell.

Dunno how that's happened maybe the people in the team who dont like me have me set up to fail :ninja: I joke i joke..............i think

does that mean im awesome too then as we get on

Edited by StevoD