supercharge or replace?

Luke0549

Yes I agree .... More than likely they would have stacked anything rear wheel drive though . People jump into a rear wheel drive car and think they can drive it like a front wheel drive ....and you just can't . .....which for me is half the fun .

Anyway if the op wants some injectors and fuel pump if he decides to go this rout , i have some which are brand new and a bargain price :)

So a e92 or 911 are no where near in your budget .........

Not at the moment nope.

Therefore I'm seeing little point of selling for something not really an upgrade. And swaying more towards a supercharger...

I'm looking for

More power than the zed, same/better handling, looks good. But the price increase has to be worth it..

I always find this threads very amusing and missing the point why we do what we do in the first place. You can look at it from so many different perspective eg value, enjoyment, performance, status etc but ultimately it comes down to the heart and budget as none of the mentioned arguments apply or are entirely correct. Eg that a newer car is better or handles better etc. Or for example sinking £7k into a zed means you will loose all its the value.

There is no difference fundamentally modifying a zed with £7k just like doing the same with a BMW 135i. They both will depreciate, they both will be inherently less "reliable" than OEM and invariable the desire is to make them do something that the OEM car lacks eg grunt or handling etc.

ultimately is how far you want to take it and enjoy it because whatever platform you choose will invariably lead you to the same path so far as you are a petrolhead.

But for what it's worth especially having the best of both worlds(my zed and M3 V8) and haven had a fair few drivers cars in the past and tuned them, it is makes better sense to start with a great chassis that is cheap and modify it to your requirements. Eg a £6k zed + 7K supercharged will be better value and more fun than a 13-14k std car. Eg 370z E46 M3, 335I etc

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 5

It all depends if you like tinkering Aswell I've just been out and done the first oil change on the blower and enjoyed doing it. a very small job granted

But it's all about the whole playing with the car thing Aswell keeping it tip top

If you can't be bothered with doing that sort of stuff oem is the way

• Like 1

So a e92 or 911 are no where near in your budget .........

Not at the moment nope.

Therefore I'm seeing little point of selling for something not really an upgrade. And swaying more towards a supercharger...

I'm looking for

More power than the zed, same/better handling, looks good. But the price increase has to be worth it..

Think you're answering your own question then really ..... About 7psi should do it ;)

Anyway if the op wants some injectors and fuel pump if he decides to go this rout , i have some which are brand new and a bargain price :)

PM me! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This questions been asked before and this is what I said to nissanman...

im thinking of charging the z but makes you think again with that power out of the box

That's the thing though ~ do you just want a fast car or do you want the Zed to be a faster car?

If it's the former then just sell up & buy a different car, ..but if it's the latter then you know it's not going to be cheap but you will have a more unique faster Zed afterwards.

I decided to supercharge my Zed as I have always wanted to drive and experience a supercharged car plus I love the looks of the 350. Personally I don't think there are many cars which lend themselves to being supercharged quite as well as the 350/370 Z do.

I had considered doing it in the past to my old EP3 Civic Type R but with it's fwd layout I just knew it wouldn't handle the power as well & I'd probably ruin it's handling overall.

As you've already owned a few Zeds Luke either it's time to try something new or maybe it's time to take your current Zed to the next level but at the end of the day it's your decision & you're the one that has to live with it so take your time deciding.

Good luck. :thumbs:

• Like 3

When the time comes and I've got the cash in my hand I'll know how I really feel.

Just great to get everyone's opinion. I'm sure a few people have had similar thoughts.

In reality I want a car that's comfortable to drive daily, looks good and I can do under 8 minute btg times. And I'm sure both a sc zed and a e92 M3 could deliver.

• Like 1

Quite tempted by the supercharging route if I hang on to the Nismo for the foreseeable future, which is the current plan.

Do you only feel the additional power when you really push the car or is the character of the drive changed completely...?

Supercharging will keep a much more NA-like feel, turbocharging massively changes the characteristics as you lose that delicate throttle control and progressive power. You do get a much bigger thump though, plus it's a more efficient way of adding power.

• Like 1

Quite tempted by the supercharging route if I hang on to the Nismo for the foreseeable future, which is the current plan.

Do you only feel the additional power when you really push the car or is the character of the drive changed completely...?

Car drives as normal unless pushed

Very much maintains its character

If you imagine your z just amplified

Your welcome to a run in mine if you concider it in future

You could do sub 8 in an NA Zed, you just need the right suspension, tyres and driver skill.

You took that out of my mouth there. You need a 300hp or 200hp/ton to do it according to the experts.

I am happy I didn't get a good run with the zed when sc as it would have devalued the feat and I have the best chance this summer to get there with the addition R888 and a sorted all round suspension. I'm consistently 15-30secs off depending on traffic and frankly don't do very lap chasing for time. It will come when all the stars align.

I'm all for sc but don't neglect the other important bits and I fact do all these now so when you go sc the car is ready and you are readyðŸ‘

To put it in context my zed in NA guise now outhandles and out brakes the E92 but looses out in power but I can extract more out of the zed so I think I'll do similar Ring times but when it was so'ed and when I get my new setup it will be a mauling!

Secondly I really drive the M3 at 6-7/10th while the zed gets thrashing. It a combination of supreme confidence on the mods I've done and value. I always see it a disposable asset.

Edited by GT4 Zed
  • Like 2

You could do sub 8 in an NA Zed, you just need the right suspension, tyres and driver skill.

Don't forget the health insurance and adamantium endoskeleton.

That would probably slow you down though, Logan is 5'3" tall and weighs 195 lbs without his adamantium.With it, he weighs 300 lbs. That has to slow you down on the ring :lol:

I can tell you that a 420bhp M135i is an event lol

Just ask Docwra on here ;)

M135i's are ugly as sin and would need serious suspension upgrades to cope with 420bhp.

They're skittish in standard form.