supercharge or replace?

Luke0549

ive got a slightly different suggestion.

keep the z as it is and use as your daily.

spend £500 doing your bike test and go and buy a bmw s1000rr!!! it'll do 0-60 in 3 seconds 0-100 in less then 5 and 186 top end. just about in your budget and it'll be loads faster then any car you can afford.

thats what i have, 2 bikes a 350z and a focus to take the family out

• Like 2

I did it the other way, went from bikes to cars and it does make you realise unless you can afford hyper cars, nothing is touching a bike for speed, but and I hate being sensible, doing a bike test and jumping straight onto any big capacity sports bike is not a good move.

The only consideration i would give to riding a bike again is solely on track.

Edited by Jetpilot

to be honest you're probably right, however a bike test and a cbr600 doing track days would work. the thing is if ots track day and the odd sunday blast you can't beet a bike for that. only downside is whatever car you get in after a bike it feels slow.....unless you have a spare £100,000. i do think this would be the cheaper option and though plus any 600 sports bike will beat 99% of cars you see on the road...or track for that matter

Yeah, BMW 135 isn't enough of a jump.

I feel the only real upgrade would be a e92 m3 or a 911 gt3.

The 1er performs better than an M3, it has far more usable torque and weighs considerably less, my one is faster than an M4 or M5.

A 911 GT3 is at least 50K.

I think you need to start living in the real world my friend. Anything thats 10 years newer than the Z33 design is going to be a considerable improvement, and Porsche and BMW have the reputations they do for a reason.

As for Bennetts comments on spending 7K on anything, thats correct, but the point is a Cayman doesnt need modifying and a 135 sees 430hp with £1500 spent on it, its not really the same argument IMO.

I still like the idea of getting R34 Gt! My brother has one. Easy power gains and with the suspension set up correctly, you can make the barge corner like a house fly.

A good 100kg lighter than a zed to start with :)

• Like 1

Yeah, BMW 135 isn't enough of a jump.

I feel the only real upgrade would be a e92 m3 or a 911 gt3.

The 1er performs better than an M3, it has far more usable torque and weighs considerably less, my one is faster than an M4 or M5.

A 911 GT3 is at least 50K.

I think you need to start living in the real world my friend. Anything thats 10 years newer than the Z33 design is going to be a considerable improvement, and Porsche and BMW have the reputations they do for a reason.

As for Bennetts comments on spending 7K on anything, thats correct, but the point is a Cayman doesnt need modifying and a 135 sees 430hp with £1500 spent on it, its not really the same argument IMO.

I think Im living in the real world, I didn't say ild have the money to go out and buy one tomorrow. - it's a goal.

The 1 series isn't enough of a jump - for me. In terms of looks etc. much prefer a e92.

I have to like everything about the car, only 1series I could drive would be the 1m, even then ild probably still choose the e92...

I'm glad we agree :D

Seriously though, the hatch isn't that ugly. It's just not as pretty as the coupe.

It's better looking than the R35...

So you're saying a 1series coupe is better looking that a r35......?

Jheeze!