What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

@marzman thanks for reminding me I had unfinished business with the last of us. Restarted and working my way through, albeit on easy much to my embarrassment but I know I really really struggled with a couple of parts of the game.

Thanks anyway sir :thumbs:

• Like 1

@marzman thanks for reminding me I had unfinished business with the last of us. Restarted and working my way through, albeit on easy much to my embarrassment but I know I really really struggled with a couple of parts of the game.

Thanks anyway sir :thumbs:

Quality! :thumbs:

I traded in my 3DS and a couple of games today for a PS Vita. Mainly because i want to try out Remote Play. I have to say, i'm pretty impressed with it. Remote play works really well... only down side so far is that the Vita doesn't have L2/R2 buttons so it doesn't work great with some games (where you can't reassign controls, or all buttons are used etc).

Just had a few games of Fifa on it though, and played some Drive Club and it works fine!

Thinking about spanking some cash on some new components and gettnig an HTV VIVE, anyone got one? I brain keeps saying..wait..wait 2 years and it'll be cheap as chips, mainstream and probably a lot better. But it's so cool!

I've pre-ordered a Playstation VR for release day next week. I'm a bit concerned by the slightly lower specs than the PC rivals, but it's so much more accessible in terms of price - especially as i don't have a gaming PC already!

Have you seen the reviews creeping through of the 'games' for it yet?

Yeah, i've been keeping on top of things on a daily basis. I'm not buying any of the launch titles. ;)

It comes with a demo disk which will do for day one, and i've got all the VR games on my rental list from Boomerang, so i'll try before i buy anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Ho. Lee. Sh1t.

I picked up the Playstation VR today following yesterday's release - £350.

Unboxed it this evening. The packaging tells you it's a high end piece of kit. Lots of high quality materials, and also lots of cables! So many cables to plug in. I actually had to read the instructions!

Once plugged in you simply switch it on and bam! your playstation home screen is displayed as a giant screen about 10 feet away from you. Picture quality is reduced but acceptable, and the head tracking is perfect. The screen stays in the same place as you move your head round, just like being in the cinema.

At this point i was very impressed... then i fired up the demo disc that came bundled with it. First think i load was Drive Club VR. It took a minute to load but i was simply blown away by just the loading screen / lobby. I looked down and saw the PS4 controller in my hands, and as i moved it around, it moved perfectly as if i was holding it.

When the game loads you are kind of in a car show room. The 3D is breathtaking at this point and just ogling the cars is a joy. Pressing X to select a car and a track, you're then in your car behind the steering wheel. Again the 3D is stunning, and you have fake hands on the wheel. I'm using a controller as i dont have a PS4 steering wheel yet, but it doesnt distract too much from the immersion. It feels instantly natural, how have i played racing games this long without being able to look where i want to go?!

The demo is over before you know it, and you get dumped back in the main menu.

Next up i try the VR Worlds demo. It's basically a tech demo with 3-4 different scenarios in it. I've only played the scuba diving one so far but the sense of scale and height are just incredible. You're in a shark cage and descending a few hundred feet... Looking over the precipice of the under water cliff edge is fantastic. I didnt expect this level of immersion.

Lastly i played Eve Valkyrie - a star-wars ish space shooter. You're a fighter pilot. Again the 3D is stunning and it just feels so natural.

At this point i started to feel a little nauseaus. This is after about an hours' play which i guess is to be expected. However my wife had a go and was nearly puking with motion sickness inside 1 minute, so maybe people are affected in different ways.

Apparently it's capable of playing 360 degree videos of which there are hundreds on youtube. I'm gonna install the youtube app and give that a go next. Maybe before our next holiday i might buy a 360 degree camera and relive my holiday memories in person!

Overall verdict so far - i'm seriously impressed - this feels like a ground breaking, watershed moment in technology. I really hope this takes off and the way we consume movies/entertainment is changed forever.

Edited by marzman
  • Like 1

^^ Sounds interesting/good marzman apart from the nausea. :dry:

On the games front after completing "The Last of Us Remastered" on several difficulty levels I decided I'd had enough of that so with that in hand & "Just Cause 3" which I had also completed I traded them in at Game for "Mafia III". Well my Mrs actually paid the extra as a partial early birthday present. :teeth:

So far "Mafia III" is great fun. It's an open world game and feels a lot like GTAV in many ways although it's definitely different in its physics.

I'm still in the early phases of the game with only an hour or two under my belt but so far it's got me gripped. Lovely gun play and the cars are excellent fun to drift around corners at high speed. ;)

• Like 1

Playing the new Gears of War 4 its great, if you buy a digital copy you get it on Win10 too and the games multiplayer supports cross-platform so you can still play with your console friends if you wish.

Loving the horde mode with my mates, its proper tough when you want it to be.

@marzman :- Reading about you experience of Eve Valkyrie has reminded me of the amazing promos they put out for it. Really highlighted the scale of the ships from the Eve universe, even in the 'old world' 2D visuals! Going to have to re-watch them now :p

Also, something big is happening in Eve that might tempt me to put my cloned foot back in the water - Eve Online is going Free to Play as of November.

It will have a level limit access for the free players (restricted to fly only certain ship levels and use certain module levels), with the subscriber access remaining the same.

For more info, check out the developer blog on the community site - Introducing-clone-states-and-the-future-of-access-to-Eve-Online

This seriously peeked my interest, as it will give me time to find a good corp, without having to fork over a full sub.

Got mafia 3 last week had a good 8 hours at it now and enjoying it not a patch on gta 5 though

It's a really enjoyable game I'm finding so far. Love that you can collect the "Playboy" mags too. :lol::D

In desperate needs of a patch, if the vids on Twitch/YT are anything to go by :lol:

Why Dan, ...what problems are they apparently having?

I've not noticed anything too off at the moment but maybe I'm missing something. :shrug:;)