What Game are you currently playing ?

Suits

Sounds like a good laugh Fodder. I might have to try some of the other game styles although on every FPS I've ever owned I usually end up playing TDM the most regardless.

Have you tried the pigeon game mode yet?

I've got armour piercing rounds for my sniper rifle (one of the gadgets) and as I found out last night I can take out a tank with around 5 close range shots using them. Going to start spending some of my war bonds soon I think when I get higher up the Scout rank which will unlock more rifles as I'm due a change. ;)

• Like 1

Not tried the pigeon mode yet but did try TDM last night, great for a quick game but you really need to think about your load outs as I went in with my normal one and a spanner to fix vehicles along with a mortar doesn't really lend itself to these game types :lol:

Again a few bugs and WTF moments but nothing that spoilt the fun. Woken up this morning to no broadband so no quick blast and as Saturday nights are the one night I'm not allowed to game then it's going to have to wait until tomorrow.

Oh and ranking up seems to take an age however I think that's more down to me not using the classes correctly and going all Rambo at times. I also recommend the companion app, much better for customising the load outs.

Are you guys playing on PC?

I used to love playing FPSs on consoles, but find it too hard playing on PC and it sucks teh enjoyment out of it. I still use a controller as I play on my HD TV sitting on the couch. I don't know whether its keyboard/mouse vs controller or just me ageing, but online FPS is too hard for me.

I'm trying to negate the keyboard mouse thing by using a play-station navigation controller for movement and a mouse for shooting but I can't get it to work...

I'm on Xbox for BF1. I could never get on with console FPS myself, played MOHAA on PC back in the day and was quite good but in more recent years I've switched to console as it's easier to jump into a game when short on time. I also think "kids" are just much quicker than my generation and get it from the off whereas gaming was in its infancy when I was growing up and the gamer would spend more time either loading the game or actually to get it to work with differeing h/w drivers etc.

Actually the latter but I found more interesting than gaming itself for a few years... I'm weird like that and it's shows in my job as I love it when something breaks :lol:

Has nobody else tried PSVR yet?

I finally downloaded Batman for it last night. I'm 20 minutes and i'm blown away.

I'm struggling to want to play non-VR games anymore. I've been on the PSVR subreddit quite a bit and everyone there is the same. 2d gaming is over for us! We just need everyone else to get on board so that it really takes off.

Infinity Ward released a space shooter demo for it this week to coincide with the COD release. Only 5 mins long but it's class.

Has nobody else tried PSVR yet?

I finally downloaded Batman for it last night. I'm 20 minutes and i'm blown away.

I'm struggling to want to play non-VR games anymore. I've been on the PSVR subreddit quite a bit and everyone there is the same. 2d gaming is over for us! We just need everyone else to get on board so that it really takes off.

Infinity Ward released a space shooter demo for it this week to coincide with the COD release. Only 5 mins long but it's class.

I had one on pre order but couldn't justify the cost along with a limited game launch, also there are too many variables which will stop it being mainstream... eye conditions, headaches etc.

I love playing my games but tbh the PSVR just doesn't interest me. I'd much rather sit on my sofa with a controller in my hand playing a game then sit there with some bulky headset on.

Sure I'd love a go on the PSVR but it's not something I'd buy necessarily, ...especially not at it's current price. ;)

I tried it, and it was very immersive but the grainy PS3-esque graphics meant I wouldn't consider it as a serious purchase. Being able to move around the batcave was probably my favourite gaming moment of the year so far though :)

Tempted by a Vive now though.

I have gone back to Fallout 4 yet again, yeah i know, I'm addicted, after playing through Far Harbor DLC, i am back in the wasteland, and actually found about four new locations, really thought i have just about found them all, so i wonder just how many more are tucked away.

I have amassed around 15 suits of power armor, but now having trouble finding fusion cores, and i am at level 75, no cheats etc, after looking on the net i now wish i had bought an Xbox instead of a PS4, as there are some fantastic mods available for F4 like adding vegetation and all kinds of buildings etc, will have to look at getting a Xbox 1S in the near future.

I've just started the BF1 campaign on XB1S. Seems really good so far.

I expect an update within 10 hours of play to say you've finished the campaign :lol:

I enjoyed the campaign too just a little short but then BF campaigns generally are. Enjoy

Playing Motorsport Manager on the iphone this week. Very addictive!

I used to play Grand Prix Manager on the PC in the late 90's i think and it's very similar to that.

Worth a look to fill a train journey at £1.99

Motorsport%2Bmanager.jpg

Edited by marzman

I may buy BF1. Who's playing it on xbox one?

I know Fodder is on Xbox1. ;)

I am indeed. Play most nights but only for half an hour or so, if I'm online and playing I can have a game.

Gamer tag 'holmsey fodder' I think my gamer tag says how rubbish I am :lol:

Campaign is rather short but I'd still suggest you play it as it gives you a feeling for controls and tweak the settings.

Edited by Fodder
  • Like 1

Definitely agree with you there.

Always best with these games imo to play the main campaigns first before diving into the multiplayer side. Just helps get you used to all the controls and some of the weapons. ;)

Also it is worth sticking at one "class" rather than jumping from one to another all the time as if you use the same class over and over you really get some good "muscle memory" so to speak with regards to shooting & aiming so you'll get more kills.

Currently I'm rank 3 in the Scout class with a rank of 12 overall. :D

What about you now Fodder?

I think I'm on level 7 and support class 2. Definitely agree about trying to stick to one class however I do tend to mix it up if I join a team who are all support for example I'll try and be a medic or assault for example.

I think my day one controller is starting to fail RB button doesn't always respond so may have to order a new one :)