MORON MAGNET !........ggrrrhhhhh

JEMAN

OK......it seems that every time I take the Z out.......I get a **** behind me. This week every day I've had a car swerving in my mirrors as to overtake, a white van man, a Honda prelude and a small white car.....sitting up my arse...why are these cars such magnets for morons to tailgate ? Dread taking it out lol

Cars like this and other perceived fast/sporty/tuned/expensive cars will always be magnets for w**kers. If they're not trying to race you from every traffic light set they're tailgating you and trying to park inside your boot. :dry::rant:

Just stick to the speed limit or what speed you're happy driving at and f**k them. I usually flip my rear view mirror upwards so I can't see them anymore, ...problem gone. :lol:;)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 12

Yeah I get that Ferrari's, lambo's the odd Zonda they just have to try and stay up with me :yawn:

:lol:

:sorry: In one of "those" moods tonight - I do know what you mean really :)

• Like 2

Or an Astra VXR!

Just let them go, or drive a bit faster. Were you doing the limit?

Good point Ekona!

I have similar problems with these drivers OP.

However I just go the speed limit and flash my breaks - which you probably shouldn't do. But 9 times out of 10 they normally get the point. / or I smoke them. Depending on the car, if it's anything above a 1.2 corsa I don't risk it - would hate to be embarassed

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 3

Ha ha .............:) Well, I was keeping to the legal limit...........but it's the tailgating that does bug me some what. I had a motorbike tailgate me a few weeks back...........and I know for a fact that if I had to hit the brakes full on.....he would have been shredded through the rear of the car..........and worst still.....might have injured me :).

If you're sat bang on 50 with your needle, then that's more like 45 in reality or nearer 40 when you take into account the fact the car behind always ends up doing a slightly slower speed fir some bizarre reason. That can be immensely irritating, although it doesn't excuse tailgating at all.

This happened to me literally tonight when I was driving back from my sisters! I noticed some fool come right up my rear view and he would then drop back quite a long way and speed up back right on my tail. As the road I was on had so many speed bumps I just kept at 30 mph but then we came towards some traffic lights where it also goes into two lanes and it went red, I was praying he'd stop at the reds so I could lick from the lights as there was clear straight road with no speed bumps and he was in a much lesser car, but he just jumped the red light :angry: . Strangely he put on his hazards after he jumped the red, like almost to say sorry for his complete **** driving! Maybe he felt bad :lol:

• Like 1

This happened to me literally tonight when I was driving back from my sisters! I noticed some fool come right up my rear view and he would then drop back quite a long way and speed up back right on my tail. As the road I was on had so many speed bumps I just kept at 30 mph but then we came towards some traffic lights where it also goes into two lanes and it went red, I was praying he'd stop at the reds so I could lick from the lights as there was clear straight road with no speed bumps and he was in a much lesser car, but he just jumped the red light :angry: . Strangely he put on his hazards after he jumped the red, like almost to say sorry for his complete **** driving! Maybe he felt bad :lol:

Maybe it was an emergency... Needed to get to a hospital or the like quickly

Maybe it was an emergency... Needed to get to a hospital or the like quickly

Somehow I very much doubt it. There was plenty of opportunities to overtake me if there was an emergency on the speed bump road as I wasn't going fast and no traffic, just me and him. I would expect someone to put there beams on if it were an emergency, but he just wanted to stick to me. Also his hatch back piece of @*!# looked so untastefully modded it just seem like another boy racer.

• Like 1

They are likely to an accident waiting to happen, so I will pull over to let them pass at the first opportunity if I get that imtimidation. Responding to their 'challenge' is only likely to end in tears at some point.

• Like 1

They are likely to an accident waiting to happen, so I will pull over to let them pass at the first opportunity if I get that imtimidation. Responding to their 'challenge' is only likely to end in tears at some point.

+1 I would rather have them gone than behind me

• Like 1

I get this every single day. Normally has me shaking my head in disbelief as to why someone in a white astra van would try to instigate a race with a 350Z. I drive the A1 motorway from Newcastle to get home and it currently has a 30 limit with roadworks, someone will always try to race me as soon as the road opens back up to a 70 limit.

Maybe they just get exited and want to see us boot it away from them, 90% of the time I won't give them the satisfaction. Nobodys perfect tho, I have gave in to the temptation once or twice ;)

• Like 1

When waiting at the traffic lights you can always tell the ones who are likely to try to race you so I like to make them believe it's on with a bit of engine revving then as they screech off at Amber I pull away quite pedestrian like with a smug grin leaving them somewhat bemused :lol:

I find a very gentle rolling forward makes then think you are really eager to boot it off the lights too.

Hilarious antics !!! :lol:

I also have brilliant convoy tactics when leading - just to make sure everyone is awake and concentrating.

All quite safe - don't worry !!!! and soooooooooooo funny !!! :lol: :lol:

Sure some will get to experience some f these soon !!