TopGear

Jetpilot

I hate to say it, but I genuinely chucked at a lot of tonight's episode. Even though they're just driving round a housing estate or whatever, some bits were hilarious, especiallying when Hammond 'dropped off' his patient the second time! And Clarkson in the back of his car... and may's tailgate! It's episodes like this that confirm top gear isn't even remotely about cars any more :lol:

Plus good work to ricciardo, top man!

I hate to say it, but I genuinely chucked at a lot of tonight's episode. Even though they're just driving round a housing estate or whatever, some bits were hilarious, especiallying when Hammond 'dropped off' his patient the second time! And Clarkson in the back of his car... and may's tailgate! It's episodes like this that confirm top gear isn't even remotely about cars any more :lol:

Plus good work to ricciardo, top man!

Yep even though I have seen it all before I still laughed a couple of times :lol:

• Like 1

I have to say, I get what Ekona, etc are saying about this show, despite the fact I enjoy it and stiII watch it.

Tonight's episode though, was fantastic. GenuineIy decent reviews I wouId say - as weII as very "good" guests. Good to see some of the back to basics, between the comedy episodes Iike Iast week.. [stiII a funny episode though].

yep good episode, that AMG GT really does look rather nice, and it looked so composed round the track, quite unlike AMGs of old.

And Clarkson did a decent review on the i8 - with a worthy comparison to the new M3.

All in all a good entirely car based top gear!

and that new film with Margot and Will Smith sounds interesting... although have to see if there is any on screen chemistry, cos in the interview they were as different as chalk and cheese!

Very surprised to see Clarkson praising the i8 in the way he did... and then when filming back in the studio he began back-tracking :lol:

That in itself is nothing new on Top Gear though (except the actual i8 of course :lol: ), it's quite common for them to fawn over a car in the video section and then back in the studio the conversation usually starts with "yes, it's great and all but...". Usually ending with the phrase "...so I wouldn't buy one". It works as a method of saying it does x.y & z well but it also has these flaws too, I guess.

It does make even more of a mockery of their mockery of the Porsche design team for the last eleventy years though. :lol:

Very impressed with the AMG.... the lap time was rather good, especially since it beat the GTR :thumbs:

Want that an early r35 though would a up-to-date beat it

I dont think so..... it was close, so the suspension and aero changes on the newer cars might be enough, but still impressive that a RWD car did that well. I may need to go test one of these AMGs. C63 was crap, but this seems decent.

Very impressed with the AMG.... the lap time was rather good, especially since it beat the GTR :thumbs:

Want that an early r35 though would a up-to-date beat it

I dont think so..... it was close, so the suspension and aero changes on the newer cars might be enough, but still impressive that a RWD car did that well. I may need to go test one of these AMGs. C63 was crap, but this seems decent.

Stigs driving was pretty impressive in the AMG. Keep the rear in almost all of the lap barring Gambon. I think the Stig has changed since the GT-R went round. When current stig took that Lambo round he really was extracting every bit of performance possible.

tricky decision - I really like the i8 - think it looks great, and the tech is moving in the right direction, but I would probably have more fun right now in the M3. As said on the show, the M3 is about as good as internal combustion engines get, but the i8 is still very early days in terms of performance hybrid technology.

tricky decision

Not to cherry pick, but it would be a tricky if the i8 wasnt near twice the price of the M3 and pulled the kind of mpg it claimed, but whilst ever it is and doesnt do anything near remotely what it says on the tin, why would anyone buy one, apart from the looks?

Until the price levels out and battery pack tech gets infinitely better i just dont see the benefit and if someone actually comes up with a decent solution to the hydrogen issues, battery power will be a thing of the past!