Dan's 645Ci thread

Ekona

My **** is boiled on your behalf ;) had an old boy reverse into my daily recently, nothing serious, literally a bump, but enough to gouge my bumper, the first words he said were, thats the 2nd time I have done that today. After him rejecting my first two quotes as too expensive and me being incredibly patient I am still waiting for a token amount towards repair which I know I am not going to see and its not worth an insurance battle. I am pleased to own an automatic centre punch at times like this.

• 2 weeks later...

Insurance finally agreed the bill, and it's being repaired at the garage of my choosing next week. Hopefully I'll have her back for next weekend :)

More than a month later, but half of that was taken up with me faffing around with AMCs. If there's one thing I've learnt from this, just let your insurer take care of it as that's what you pay them for. Maybe I'll pay a bigger hit next year on the premium, but at least I get my car back all sorted and looking better than ever.

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 3

So when you start talking to your wife about potential upgrades/mods and she readily agrees to them without argument, you kinda find yourself in a win/win situation. For those of you not yet married, that's very rare, trust me :)

Time to break out the credit car then...

• Like 1

So when you start talking to your wife about potential upgrades/mods and she readily agrees to them without argument, you kinda find yourself in a win/win situation. For those of you not yet married, that's very rare, trust me :)

Only just caught up with this thread Dan sorry to hear about the accident but I'm sure it will all be sorted soon as for the missus, money and mods I feel sorry for you guys my wife encourages me to spend money :)
  • Like 1

Just had a phone call from my insurer, the lorry's insurer has accepted liability so I have zero excess to cough up for. More than that, I feel vindicated in knowing that it 100% wasn't my fault in the slightest :D

So yeah, bit of a win/win now. Stupid sodding lorry driver!

• Like 5

Just had a phone call from my insurer, the lorry's insurer has accepted liability so I have zero excess to cough up for. More than that, I feel vindicated in knowing that it 100% wasn't my fault in the slightest :D

So yeah, bit of a win/win now. Stupid sodding lorry driver!

least your lorry driver has a conscience; the guy who hit me is a monumental tool!

That depends entirely on what she wants ;) and there is always something

• 2 weeks later...

I had a little drive in an 04' 645ci today, I spent some time trying to tune the TV in, only to realise the old analogue channels were discontinued in 07'. The adjustable armrest was cool also. Must say it pulled quite well. I prefer my zed :p

• Like 1

Didn't even realise TV was an option on these! Was it a manual one you drove Exec? How did you find it apart from pulling well and having a cool armrest?

I've been busy this weekend on mine. Finally picked it up yesterday and spent the afternoon along with this morning cutting, drilling, grinding and bolting things in, on and to it... Feels good to have a successful day spannering, doesn't happen very often :lol:

it was an 04' Dan, Automatic with 103k Miles, Black Leather, Sat Nav, TV, Its actually for sale (I work in a car dealership) its my job to put them all online so I will PM you a link once I've had it valeted and photographed.

Edited by Exec
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Car is finished, so I can finally post some pics!

...except I can't, as the bloody thing is stranded at a mate's house :( Long story short, but the day of stickering up for Le Mans yesterday was aborted when we discovered the expansion tank has developed a leak, flooding the drive with coolant. Yup, two days before I'm due to go away to LM, brilliant. Looks like ECP have a Hella one in stock in Stevenage so I've got to go get that tomorrow AM and hopefully fit that, if not my local indie is going to try and get an OEM one in for tomorrow afternoon. I must say, god bless Clive at Braintree Motor Works for answering his phone on a Saturday at 6pm, it's times like this that good garages and people really come into their own. Hopefully either solution will work, and I'll be back on schedule.

And failing that, I've secured back up method of transportation in the form of my Dad's Hummer instead. I did want to take that one day, this wasn't how I planned it though...

• Like 1