GUNS replacement

Ebized

I love these cars and yours is specced perfectly from he looks of it, however I ran into a problem last week when I had the chance to jump into one, albeit not an A45, where my knee hits the steering wheel when I release the clutch. No matter how high I put the wheel or adjust the seat, there is just no way I can be comfortable and not hit my knee. It's really unfortunate because I'd love one. However, having an auto would solve that problem :D

As the A45 AMG's don't have clutches you would be fine :thumbs::lol:

More seriously, the seat adjustment and the column adjustment both up and own and in and out means it is very easy, even for me at 6' 2", to find a comfy driving position.

I wonder if the clutch is just ridiculously high in the manuals...

I'm 6'1, so not far off, but it was very comfortable and I'm sure if it had the same seats as yours it's be even better. I've loved these since they came out and a neighbour of my parents bought a midrange diesel one with the AMG kit in gun metal and it is a bloody work of art!

Just need to bring out a 3 door version :p

Still running it in at the mo, but the grip is insane and I thought the 370 with the MPSS on was good, but this is another league and on Continentals of some description.

Might take me 12 months to understand all the info you can access though but can't wait to test out the launch control...and no limit on the number of times you can use it - apart from the hit on the wallet for new tyres :lol: . Oh the car won't let you if the oil, water and gearbox fluid are not up to temp.

Taking a bit to get use to the headlight and wiper controls on a single stalk and with the cruise control on another stalk just underneath as well as flicking the downshift paddle - all on the left hand side and then there is the control for the Comand on the tunnel so my left hand is still kept very busy even though there is no gearlever :wacko:

But I like a challenge and the :D 's are well and truly back.

Colin just put wipers & lights on auto and forget about them ;)

• Like 1

Forget all that Dave, just been out in it and WOW! Don't know that Joy and June were over impressed though!! Lol

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Don't doubt it, awesome car, but I still don't like the stuck on iPad look :p

Joy sitting in the back, Colin gives it some beans "what's that noise from the back?" That'll be the exhaust dear, "oh" Priceless :lol:

Forget all that Dave, just been out in it and WOW! Don't know that Joy and June were over impressed though!! Lol

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Don't doubt it, awesome car, but I still don't like the stuck on iPad look :p

Joy sitting in the back, Colin gives it some beans "what's that noise from the back?" That'll be the me dear, "oh" Priceless :lol:

fixed that for you

Hi Jay

Basic OTR price (new) is about £38k. But most go for many of the options and you could end coughing up near on £50k :surrender:

But second hand ones with a decent spec are appearing between £35/£40k. My budget was £40k tops and fortunately I saw it as a 2 month old 70mile demonstrator with all the right bits apart from the exclusive package (leather seats basically) for less. I had intially put those on my 'must have' list but having driven a well run-in '45 in anger and then mine and now with the June saying she finds the standard spec seats very comfortable, I'm beginning to wonder about the press stories of the ride being too firm. But then having come from ZEDS, good handling has always been one of my priorities when buying cars I am finding the car to be a dream and with the AWD I just had a little play on an (empty) wet roundabout this morning and the grip is astonishing (even with out MPSS :lol:) and unlike the ZEDs you can boot it quite hard well before the exit with no drama.

Really pleased with the optional performance exhaust and steering wheel - has much better paddles, but I could do with someone like Professor Hawkins in the car to show me all functions of the Comand system - seems to have more options than my PC & iPad :blush: But then as a £2.3k option I guess it should have!

Still coming across things I didn't know were on the car, or I had glazed over when reading the spec lists.

No idea about the petrol consumption - something that is off the bottom of my worry about list :shrug::lol:

Thanks for taking the time to reply mate. Its a lot of cash, but if it performs the way you say it does and it certainly has the looks then.... its not a bad price really. I need to get in one as after seeing it on the road it has been at the back of my mind lol. Oh come on... you must occasionally look at the mpg reading :)

But then having come from ZEDS, good handling has always been one of my priorities when buying cars I am finding the car to be a dream and with the AWD I just had a little play on an (empty) wet roundabout this morning and the grip is astonishing (even with out MPSS :lol:) and unlike the ZEDs you can boot it quite hard well before the exit with no drama.

Can I just pick your brains on this Colin?

I appreciate it's only very early days with the car so probably not a question that you can even answer really, but do you find having all that grip with no drama boring? I don't actually mean boring, I mean a word that's a bit softer than boring as clearly a car with that much pace isn't going to be boring, but you know what I mean hopefully!

What I'm getting at I think is whether a car that has a massive amount of grip and is ultimately incredibly quick is as rewarding as one with lower limits you can exploit at lower speeds. I know how much you appreciated the handling on all your Zeds, so I think you're ideally placed to comment on this. I'm not entirely sure where I sit myself, as I've had both ends of the spectrum in recent years with the Impreza and the MX5, and I don't really know which one was 'best'. Do you worry about it getting a trifle dull (again, not dull!) owning something where you have to be going a silly speed to be able to fully exploit a decent chassis, or is the ability to go round any corner at any speed enough?

Sorry if that's coming off as insulting at all, I really don't mean it to as I really like the car, I'm more coming from a philosophical viewpoint than anything. :)

• Like 1