GUNS replacement

Ebized

Well, after GUNS found a new home with parello9, me having decided for various reasons that something with 4 seats and a hatch was necessary and having toyed with the idea of an M135i or a Golf R or GTi, I got the OK to go for something that I had had an itch to scratch, having being impressed by the kit.......if not the price.

But then saw a 3 month old s/h one with just 70 miles on the clock effectively saving me some £5k on list and with most of the the options I was after and in the right colour - yes it had to be white again :lol: In fact I bought GUNs in similar circumstances!

I had been hoping Nissan would have confirmed the Nissan Pulsar R Concept as a an actual goer, but with nothing forthcoming :shrug:

Here she is:

P1040195_zps83f4595c.jpg

I have always had high regard for Evo reviews and this one helped to plant the seed for me (if anyone is interested in the detail):

http://www.evo.co.uk..._and_specs.html

But having the most powerful 2litre petrol engine using a twin scroll T/C - 360bhp/450Nm torque; permanent 4WD, a 0-60 time of 4.6 (4.3 with the launch control B) ) and a whole host of gizmo's I have only just begun to uncover I decided that I could live with the 7-speed auto especially after a test drive - in sport mode it pops and bangs on the upshifts as well as matching the revs on the downshifts :teeth: Something I learnt when I asked and got a rather strange look from the salesman is that AMG never use manual boxes :blush:

It is a completely different drive to the 370 but then I was ready for something different after 9 years of ZED ownership - and I have to say that has been the best 9 years driving experience in my near on 50 year driving career.

Anyways, I'll shut up now and post some more pics:

P1040194_zpsd443ddc9.jpg

P1040202_zps80324336.jpg

P1040200_zps7c19e1b3.jpg

P1040197_zps3f07c90b.jpg

Arundel Cathedral in case you were wondering.

P1040211_zpsd9afb428.jpg

P1040213_zps39b066dd.jpg

P1040212_zps0616de62.jpg

Like the AMG idea of one man builds the engine and in my case it was Florian - still trying to find out more about him!

P1040210_zpsca959248.jpg

P1040208_zps51399229.jpg

In fact it has two steering wheels :lol:

20150109_151130_zpsa8c1b3d4.jpg

(Just me playing about using the sd card slot on the Comand system - new that is a £2.3k option :scare: )

Some neat touches with the illuminated sills and usual German red warning lights in the case of the boot doubling up as a courtesy light too.

P1040217_zps500ecf05.jpg

P1040216_zpscaf8ecf0.jpg

Having picked it up on 2nd Jan and today was the first chance I got to give it a good clean and went out to Arundel in the sun to take some pics and bugger me the sun went in :doh:

So, tear me to pieces now but at least I know when I meet up with life-long friends I have met on here with their Zeds I will stand a chance of keeping up.........I hope :drive1

• Like 9

Looks lovely Colin, looking forward to seeing it in the flesh. And rather than you trying to keep up with the zeds i think the challenge will be for us to keep up with you.

Now we just need a fun roadtrip to test her out

Our road trips are going to be a nice array of different cars, I think we should all throw our keys in a fruit bowl everytime we stop to allow us to sample each others wares...

This could be if it's a boys weekend or partners :group:

• Like 1

So you've joined the 18 year old "Hot Hatch" crew :doh:

I expected you to get a grown up car but clearly the spirit is still alive.

Good on ya Colin a choice I wouldn't have expected, but a nice car for sure. Enjoy....... :clap:

• Like 1

Darren, just let me know if you want my signature on your 240z block :lol:

you loosin' it Graham ?

No, he'll know what I mean when he reads this.

I know what you mean Papa and I am hardly ever on here :surrender:

Well, Hugh is getting on a bit now :lol:
  • Like 1

So you've joined the 18 year old "Hot Hatch" crew :doh:

I expected you to get a grown up car but clearly the spirit is still alive.

Good on ya Colin a choice I wouldn't have expected, but a nice car for sure. Enjoy....... :clap:

Do you live in Dubai? :)

I wish I had a car like that when I was 18.

I had a Nova SR and loved it.