Radical on track at last!! :~) - 2nd Vid P2

Keyser

After a failed day at Snetterton due to fog I was determined to get one track day in my new toy before the end of the year, so I took a chance and booked Castle Combe for today - morning was damp cold and slippery with several drivers having offs - Including my little excursion through the infield - backwards at 70 + MPH :scare: Brown trouser moment!!

As well as a beautiful drift out of the first chicane - well if I'd meant to do it then it would have been beautiful :blush:

But no damage done and in the after noon the sun came out we got some heat in the tyres and I found out what a Radical can do - That is scare me to death!!!! :lol:

In the nicest way possible of course - little 1 lap appetizer for you while I edit the days footage :)

Edited by Keyser
  • Like 17

Very nice Chris. B):D

Wish I'd known about this though, could have been tempted to drive up. :drive1 Love Castle Combe.

Was it one of the £170 odd track days? or is it a cheaper alternative?

You know for those of us that have spunked away all our money on superchargers & Christmas presents for family? :D

Very nice Chris. B):D

Wish I'd known about this though, could have been tempted to drive up. :drive1 Love Castle Combe.

Was it one of the £170 odd track days? or is it a cheaper alternative?

You know for those of us that have spunked away all our money on superchargers & Christmas presents for family? :D

£179 for me £5 for the passenger :scare: - so the expensive day!!!! :scare:

But I had to get one in before the end of the year as the furthest I'd driven the Radical before that was round the car park at Snetterton :lol:

This was about the only 1 near me that I could squeeze in and the weather is getting colder - to be honest we nearly sacked it at lunch time as we were chilled to the bone but we sat in the truck with the engine running over lunch and warmed up - then as forecast the sun made an appearance :thumbs:

Believe me I really, really, really needed to know if she actually ran or I had just blown a lot of money on a dud - when I bought her I didn't have a test drive - not many race tracks to try it out on in the middle of the Lake District ;)

Very Happy Bunny at the moment :thumbs:

• Like 3

£179 for me £5 for the passenger :scare: - so the expensive day!!!! :scare:

But I had to get one in before the end of the year as the furthest I'd driven the Radical before that was round the car park at Snetterton :lol:

This was about the only 1 near me that I could squeeze in and the weather is getting colder - to be honest we nearly sacked it at lunch time as we were chilled to the bone but we sat in the truck with the engine running over lunch and warmed up - then as forecast the sun made an appearance :thumbs:

Believe me I really, really, really needed to know if she actually ran or I had just blown a lot of money on a dud - when I bought her I didn't have a test drive - not many race tracks to try it out on in the middle of the Lake District ;)

Very Happy Bunny at the moment :thumbs:

It was one of the more expensive days then but to me it looked worth it. I mean for starters the track space you had to open it up & drive through the corners looked fantastic, ..and I'm guessing you where free to drive on & off the circuit whenever you felt like it (open pit lane).

Very happy for you that you finally got to drive the Radical. Must have been a real buzz and so different to the other cars you've driven.

Hopefully next year I'll get on track at some point but after watching "Street Outlaws" on Discovery channel a lot recently I do really fancy a go on a drag strip as I've never tried that.

After searching I see that Shakespeare County Raceway is my closest drag strip so I may try that next year & my friends really interested in trying it too with his JDM Impreza WRX STi Type Ra V-Limited. Could be fun or a very quick end to my clutch. :surrender::dry::lol:

• Like 1

Well done ChrisðŸ‘!

Looks like you still learning the car and taking it real easy seeing your lines but that will come I guess. Car sounds great.

I think next year will be awesome and we should plan a day together with the other boys😎.

What's in those things sounds like a bike?

It's a 1300 Hayabusa engine bored to 1500 built by RPE (Radical Performance Engineering) :thumbs:

That is hooked up to a quaife LSD differential made specifically for Radical (has reverse as well :thumbs:

Well done Chrisí ½í±!

Looks like you still learning the car and taking it real easy seeing your lines but that will come I guess. Car sounds great.

I think next year will be awesome and we should plan a day together with the other boys😎.

Well it is my first time in her, it was raining in the morning and damp and slippy out there, although I know combe quite well and the instructor said my lines were good but he is only and ARDS qualified touring car champion so I will bow to your superior knowledge in these matter ;)

O and from a quick check of my lap times from the video I'm 3 seconds quicker in the Radical against the best time I set in the 350 - can't wait for a warm summers day and a set of slicks :thumbs:

Well that wasn't on the limiter was it!!? Love it mate :)

Errr no no quite on the limiter :lol: - maybe with a bit of practice and some testosterone injections I'll get there - You need to get in this one with me - makes the Frogster look quite tame in comparison :scare:

That looks fun, just for starters. :D

Must be a great feeling to know you have something to test your skills on track, having enjoyed some passenger laps with you in kermit which I could see was not such a challenge ;)

Most definitely - as Andy James said these track focused cars are awesome to drive but they can bite you in the ar$e if your not careful - as I found out today little bit to much right foot a fraction to early and off we went - but it is a real learning experience. (of course I'll never get up to GT4 Zed's level of excellence but I can keep trying ;) )

• Like 2

Sorry I didn't make this today mate,but so glad you managed to get on track at last!

Ooh that car looks quick!!

No worries Andy - As we said the other day we will get one together in the spring when it's a bit warmer! - I did think you had the right idea at lunch time when I was stood there shaking :lol:

Were the other cars on track stationary? :wacko: Lotus looked like it was parked you went by that quick. what do you reckon is the power to weight?

Somewhere between 400 and 500HP per ton - it depends on what the engine is actually putting out I have no dynos estimates are from 220HP to 275HP and the Radical comes in at around 550KG (depending on which spec sheet you read)

Errr no no quite on the limiter :lol: - maybe with a bit of practice and some testosterone injections I'll get there - You need to get in this one with me - makes the Frogster look quite tame in comparison :scare:

Mate, I accept your kind invite but if you are taking testosterone AND driving that then I'm taking Valium!! :):surrender:

• Like 3

crikey moses that thing looks fast! i think i'd have to work up the courage just to sit in the passenger seat, cant imagine what its like driving it.

but we'll organise a big get together in the summer at bedford or somewhere, and on nice warm slicks on a good fast track that thing will fly.

The complete last session the only edit is where the GoPro stopped and started again other than that it is Pit lane start to back in the pits - Enjoy - or ignore but please remember I went out there for you lot to get this video with not a thought for my own personal health and safety.

- The things I do for you lot :lol::p

• Like 10