Car cruising ban in Black Country?!?!!!

Adrian@TORQEN

Really?!?!?!?! :scare::surrender:

=========

A judge has banned so-called car cruising events across the Black Country.

Four councils - Wolverhampton, Walsall, Dudley and Sandwell and West Midlands Police - wanted to ban the events, where drivers race or show off their vehicles on public roads.

People taking part, organising or promoting them will now be arrested under a three-year injunction.

A judge at Birmingham High Court said it was a "proper measure".

The court heard more than 100 statements had been taken from police and members of the public witnessing large gatherings of people and cars along the Black Country route, which cuts through parts of the combined local authority areas.

The authorities submitted a joint application to avoid the problem of drivers relocating to another nearby area.

Wolverhampton City Council said they take place on a regular basis at a number of "hotspots" along the route, including in Bilston and Birmingham New Road on the border of Wolverhampton and Dudley.

The meetings can attract up to 250 vehicles and hundreds of spectators.

But District Judge Gailey refused to include spectators as part of the injunctions, despite an attempt by the authorities.

He said he was reluctant to grant an order "so wide in terms it's going to cause problems later on".

He also questioned the role of police responding to the events and if there was an "element of convenience" to having an injunction in place.

'Pleased with result'

But Jospeh Giret QC, representing the councils and police, said officers had been working hard to stop racing and to limit the dangers associated with it, as 31 accidents had occurred at events.

He said arrests had been made, barriers constructed and cars seized.

'Police are dealing with measured resources. They cannot do everything," he said.

Granting the injunction, Judge Gailey said there was a "real problem" of car cruising in the area and an injunction would be the "proper measure".

The injunction prohibits two or more vehicles gathering in the combined local authority area "known generally as the Black Country" between 15:00 and 07:00 GMT.

A spokesman for Wolverhampton City Council, which led the challenge, said the authorities were satisfied with the result.

Saw this on the local news which is a bit bizarre as I'm in Norfolk. According to the report it was full on racing etc so methinks that its been just a little over exagerated and Plod can treat it like just any other meet

This forum never does any meets at car parks/tesco's etc any way. As they always end with the police asking them to move on anyway, so no change there.

We will be fine :)

We do round here, where a little more social than you lot. although we just normally have a generic meet point then go on a drive out!

I've been threw there these are not car enthusiasts meeting up and having a chat and a drive out

Its full of head the balls driving like loons

Yup, but any meet up these days and police just instantly think they are all 'loons'

is there more black people in the midlands? why do they call it the black country?

No idea :lol:

If ever you're over that way though try some battered chips, I tried them when I was over that way earlier this year mmmm :cloud9:

Sorry, off topic, please feel free to get back to original thread ;)

is there more black people in the midlands? why do they call it the black country?

Heavy industry. Steel Works furnices = lots of smoke and not nice stuff in the air.

The birth place of 'Heavy Metal Music' or so they say.

• Like 1

People taking part, organising or promoting them will now be arrested under a three-year injunction.

What has 14N and Mopedmark been doing in the Midlands lately :stir:

I may disappear off the radar for a while guys. Possibly on an extended, erm 'holiday'.

Anyway, no one can prove nuffin guv'nor. I aint ever been to a so called car cruise in Dudley......

SAM_1698_zps628ab7c1.jpg

Oh bugger. Well, I'm taking Moped and Vlad down with me then! :boxing: They can watch my soap in the shower :scare:

• Like 2

Wow, thats a fairly big stance taken.

You know the types the police are after though, yobby neds acting out of order at the most unsafe times.

I'm pretty sure police would not mind guys taking pride in their cars and gathering together to discuss just that.

However revving it beyond belief in morrisons car park whilst granny mavis trys to cross the road etc...... surely they had it coming?

..I might add I have tesco vouchers if anyone needs them, im barred from the car park :blush:

What it's all about is a group of boy racers doing there racing along the Black Country Route ( a dual carriageway ) with a series of islands, from west brom to Bilston, on a Sunday night you can hear it from my house it is loud to be honest.

This does raise a question actually. We did have a successful meet last year at the Dudley Showcase cinema, where a number of us met up to see the new (at the time) Fast & Furious 6. This meet was accidentally scheduled for the same evening as a large 'cruise' had been organised for the local area. This meant a rather large police presence.

Anyway, 6 or 7 Zeds all parked together in a public car park soon drew the attention of the feds. Once we'd convinced them we were respectable citizens (ok, so we lied there), they agreed to actually keep an eye on our cars! :lol:

Now, here's the question - If I arrange a similar meet to go see the new F&F7 in Dudley, will this be classed as a cruise and will I be arrested for organising and partaking in such a crime?

Edited by 14N

Surely the Police if they watch a car "meet/cruise" unfold can't they just arrest/fine the trouble makers/speeders/racers etc anyway and just let everyone else enjoy the car scene?

To me it just seems like another one of those laws where one person f**ks it up for everyone so we all suffer un-necessarily. :thumbdown:

• Like 1

So if you text your wife to say meet me in Tesco / retail park car park after work (organize a meet) and she does - you get arrested then.

The injunction prohibits two or more vehicles gathering in the combined local authority area

if your son in law comes along to pick a present for his wife / your daughter then you probably get hung as well :lol:

• Like 1

Now, here's the question - If I arrange a similar meet to go see the new F&F7 in Dudley, will this be classed as a cruise and will I be arrested for organising and partaking in such a crime?

Without a shadow of a doubt. If you were in a group of unmolested Mondeo diesel estates, probably not: In Zeds, for sure.

• Like 1

The real problem is the people who attended the cruises who didn't self-police. Now they've ruined it for everyone.

If they'd have stopped their 'mates' from driving like a knobheads then this wouldn't have got so bad.

Totally agree with you in on this day. If they didn't act like complete tits it would be alright, sadly it has ruined it for those who do it in a sensible manner.