Black friday deals?

parello9

Just seen a video of what can only be described as animals at my local tesco (Havant)

Literally fighting for a TV. Which I will guess is a end of line cheap TV. Grown men pushing women out of the way, disgusting!

That was me buddy!

• Like 1

Some pretty crap deals for end of line products that will be on sale in the next year for cheaper! There aren't many genuine good deals, the retailers are out to make money, not make a loss with these "deals".

There will of course always be a few gems out there, but often I find there are deals throughout the year which are better and if you time your shop well with new product launches, you can get end of stock for a steal.

I got a very good plasma earlier this year when they announced plasma tvs will no longer be manufactured for consumer electronics market.

• Like 1

Waited on the pcworld queue and the only thing I could see any good was the Chromecast for £20 instead of £30 so bagged myself another for the bedroom.

Great piece of kit and for £20 its a no brainer.

Got one for £18 in september via a quidco deal :p However they are fantastic bits of kit I agree :)

Edited by wmr1980

To be fair, 'trick or treat' has fantastic roots here in Scotland. We call it guising, now I'm as old as the hills but from age 4/5 to 11/12 we all went out guising and we had to have a song, joke or trick to perform before getting a treat, usually an apple, orange or if lucky a chocolate bar (usually a curly wurly).

Now I'm talking over 40 years ago!

Forgot to say, we had to be in disguise, fancy dress f you like.

Trick or treat is originally Irish as Halloween or "Hallows Eve" is. It's also a Pagan ritual. Celts in Ireland had a festival called "Samhain" (pronounced sow-in), which marked the official end of the summer and the beginning of the Celtic new year. On this night, the souls of the dead were said to come out and move freely in the land of the living. The tradition of Halloween was taken to the USA by Irish Immigrants.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Came *this close* to getting the JL 60" telly they've got up for sale for the spare room. Just can't quite justify that, plus I want a 75" for the lounge so I'll wait for Boxing Day then shift the current 55" to the spare room instead.

But yeah, if you want a good size TV then £999 for 60" is the veritable bargain.

Picked up a 2 TB Wifi NAS for £95 from PC World - its not supremely cheap but saw it on the black tag list and suddenly realised my life was incomplete without it ..........

• Like 1

The only cheap TV deals I've seen are from unknown brands (or Polaroid) which all have horrible reviews because they are 3 year old technology.

The PS4/Xbone deals seem ok, but your ultimately getting a free game which you will either be interested in or not.

I seen some good Sennheiser headphones for £65 off at £135 on Amazon but unfortunately missed them. Would have been a great present for my dad.

Karcher window vac for £50 at Homebase (inshore only) is a good deal I think, but I'm not sure how much they usually are.