New with a Silver '56

Hello folk,

Just introducing myself (probably best to say hello before diving into one of the debating threads, real sucker for them).

Picked up a 350 at the end of August as a stop gap - having had a S14a for many years before.

Have had runs round Snetterton, Teeside and Blyton so far. Loving the sound and the drive. Reckon she might be a keeper.

Got some good info off here so far (Elec window reset and screwing the clutch down). Not planning any mods really - got a bigger accelerator pedal coming as I keep botching heel-and-toe downshifts. And when some one has shown you how to turn off all the stability stuff and ABS it can flick you backwards pretty quickly :) Cough..

Edited by Kieran O'Quick

Ahh, Mr O'Quick, an excellent choice mate :thumbs:

Im surprised youve found it swapping ends, they are a lot easier to catch than an S14 IMO, particularly your one on cheese string suspension ;)

HSD's, decent pads and braided brake lines are well worth it if youre doing track work, these cars also seem to benefit from having proper good tyres as well. Will look forward to bumping into you at a track somewhere (not literally) :lol:

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

I might head along to that Middlesbrough meet - nice to have a run out on a Sunday.

Cheers Doc. As for the spins - the car came with new PilotSS, grooved black diamond (I think) discs and Ferrodo pads. So I think I was probably more cocky with the entry speeds then I was in the old 14. Never spun that one.

Got a nice wobble in the brakes now so I'll have to investigate that. Discs don't feel like they're flat anymore - lot of pulsing as you come to a stop at lights.

Here she is in action anyway, the entertaining bits.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TzCb6a2f9Vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Kieran O'Quick

Eh? You were in a Zed at the Weekender? I dont remember seeing you there mate (I dont remember any 350's other than mine in fact) did you leave early or something?? :shrug:

The vids look very familiar, the Zed goes very light at the back under heavy braking and coupled with (my theory) a heavy ole flywheel it means its quite liable to go sideways on downshifts, you get used to it after a while and I imagine it looks pretty heroic from outside of the car, I know my passengers enjoy it anyway :teeth:

H+T will obviously help but unless youve got a ballerina foot on the clutch it will wiggle, I guess having massive tyres helps my one a bit :)

It also means that shift lock becomes the main way of initiating a drift, as I say, once youve got your head round it its fairly easy to handle. Shows you're pushing though, good work that man B)

Thanks for all the welcomes everyone.

I might head along to that Middlesbrough meet - nice to have a run out on a Sunday.

Cheers Doc. As for the spins - the car came with new PilotSS, grooved black diamond (I think) discs and Ferrodo pads. So I think I was probably more cocky with the entry speeds then I was in the old 14. Never spun that one.

Got a nice wobble in the brakes now so I'll have to investigate that. Discs don't feel like they're flat anymore - lot of pulsing as you come to a stop at lights.

Here she is in action anyway, the entertaining bits.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TzCb6a2f9Vs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You had more spins than Torvill & Dean.. :lol: :lol:

Eh? You were in a Zed at the Weekender? I dont remember seeing you there mate (I dont remember any 350's other than mine in fact) did you leave early or something?? :shrug:

The vids look very familiar, the Zed goes very light at the back under heavy braking and coupled with (my theory) a heavy ole flywheel it means its quite liable to go sideways on downshifts, you get used to it after a while and I imagine it looks pretty heroic from outside of the car, I know my passengers enjoy it anyway :teeth:

H+T will obviously help but unless youve got a ballerina foot on the clutch it will wiggle, I guess having massive tyres helps my one a bit :)

It also means that shift lock becomes the main way of initiating a drift, as I say, once youve got your head round it its fairly easy to handle. Shows you're pushing though, good work that man B)

You showed me how to unclip the driver aids under the bonnet! - and there were at least two other Zs. Horsham one and there was another I nearly ran into the back of at the hairpin. Looked like he had a rear facing camera but never saw the footage.

But - if you can remember much from the weekender you're not trying hard enough ...

Edited by Kieran O'Quick

LOL, I think the night after the trackday probably wiped away any memories I had, I dont even remember Jez having his car there TBH :lol:

Ahhh, I do remember now, our girly fingers werent strong enough to get the bottom plug off but you obviously managed it eventually :lol: