Personal Achievement

Flex

Well there's 9th which is the highest of which there's only a few, my instructor is just about to get his 7th. He's been training since he was about 10!

You have to wait the amount of years between belts so 2nd 2yrs, 3rd 3 yrs and so on. 7th onwards are honorary titles awarded for your services to the art.

Edited by Flex
  • Like 1

Congratulations and I certainly appreciate the hard work you have done to achieve your black. I did mine in 1970 before all the Kung Fuey rubbish following the Bruce Lee films. That,s when I decided to stop. Today's Martial arts are far more diverse and probably take even more commitment. In my day six nights a week at the Dojo was the norm !

And to be honest the standards have dropped overall, probably as people are so busy and dont have that much time. My instructor does tend to make us prepare more than other instructors though and I was training 5-7 times per week for this as I just wanted to make sure I was as ready as I could be. Didnt want to fail this one!

He was friends with my best mates dad, who was also into TKD. Its a gold medal from what I can remember, a big one also lol! He stayed in Glasgow, not sure if he's still up here.

Wiki says he's still in Glasgow, married a Heather, good old scottish name!