How long have you been married?

NeilMH

next June will be our 15th wedding anniversary and we will have been together for 21 years... easy to remember my anniversary as i arranged to have our wedding a couple of weeks before the start of the fishing season so i know that as the magical June 16th gets closer i need to sort an anniversary card! :lol:

• Like 1

Been with Jane for eight years. Never married or had kids - can't really see the point in either!

Just on a technical point - children help to perpetuate the human race if nothing else :lol:

Well that's one good reason for not having any then - there are too many of us already! :)

Married 4 years, next year we would have been together for 10.

On the issue of cost, ours cost £900 for a registry office, 20 close family and friends and then we wandered down Richmond high street to the boat by the bridge restaurant and everyone ordered off the menu!

Then we noticed from the boat that the pitcher and piano opposite's beer garden was empty so we promptly commandeered it. Everyone started going home in the evening, it was only when we waved off the last that we were stood on the high street with no idea how to get home (we were living in Putney at the time), so we hailed a black taxi got in done up to the nines and he said 'been to a wedding mate?' you can imagine the banter that went on after that...he didn't charge us to get home.

We then had three honeymoons, Rome, Paris and Devon - then we held a big party for the full family the following month in a pub on Putney Heath. Total cost of all 5 events somewhere in the region of £5k. No bank breaker by any means!

• Like 1

Been married 2 months and 16 days, TBF its not a great deal different from the 15 years we were together before that - you cant rush into these things you see ;)

We went to a village near Bergerac in the South of France, hired two enormous chateaus and all of the B+B/Gites in the area and had a week long party with our 70 closest friends with a wedding in the middle. Still came in for less than a day at a decent venue in the UK and we got French Food, French wine and a week in a castle with all of our mates. Dont know why anyone would do anything different! :D

5 stag do's though, one of which is yet to happen as we ran out of time, nice.

Venues in the UK are so massively overpriced it beggars belief. I proposed to Rebecca in France (we were on a break to a Chateau in the Loire Valley, whilst we were living in Paris) and we returned to the Chateau with some family a while after the wedding, paid for it all, had the Chateau to ourselves for something like £300 a night to house 15 people in very splendid medieval rooms etc.

Had my stag in Cork, was meant to be Reykjavik but the ash cloud volcano cancelled that days before and we hurriedly chose Cork - was FANTASTIC.

Aye, we had a 7 course meal cooked by proper French chefs for EUR 55 a head, and the (rather decent) wine was £4 a bottle direct from the Vignier.

Contract that with a mate who got married this weekend and was paying £16 a bottle CORKAGE on his wine, across £150 bottles thats £2500 we saved there alone!

This place http://goo.gl/cyHgIU slept 14 of us for a week, took 70 people on the front lawn for the wedding meal and the disco in the evening for the same as an empty (i.e. tables and chair are extra) barn near here would have cost for the day...........

18 years in December - first wife

Show me a couple together after ten tears I'll show you a couple to lazy to argue ;)

:lol:

P.s I have just been informed we had our first date 22 years ago tomorrow - how the hell do they remember this stuff :shrug::wacko:

We just DO! 'Tis important ... :p

Gary and I met on 25th October 14 years ago - first date was 9th December ( had to get rid of his current wumin) - first 'sleep over' was 22nd December .... :D

We're not married but have worn rings since 9th December 2001- now planning a handfasting next December (yes ok we're finally biting the bullet... those of you that know us you heard it here first)

Edited by Vik54
  • Like 4

18 years in December - first wife

Show me a couple together after ten tears I'll show you a couple to lazy to argue ;)

:lol:

P.s I have just been informed we had our first date 22 years ago tomorrow - how the hell do they remember this stuff :shrug::wacko:

We just DO! 'Tis important ... :p

Gary and I met on 25th October 14 years ago - first date was 9th December ( had to get rid of his current wumin) - first 'sleep over' was 22nd December .... :D

We're not married but have worn rings since 9th December 2001- now planning a handfasting next December (yes ok we're finally biting the bullet... those of you that know us you heard it here first)

I remember mine and Rebeccas first date with absolute clarity, I was getting text updates from my mates on the West Ham score in the play off final :teeth: West Ham won, Bobby Zamora winner :teeth:

I took Jo to the cinema after she'd finished work at Curry's, she got changed inside my MR2.

Two things about that day that astound me:

1. That she actually managed to get changed inside that car, as it's somewhat restricted;

2. That I honest to god didn't actually look whilst she was getting changed.

• Like 2

Been with Jane for eight years. Never married or had kids - can't really see the point in either!

i wont tell the cat you said that!

I definitely think cats occupy the position in my life that children occupy in the lives of others. (Cheaper to feed and poop outside too - much better) ;)

Our corkage was £5 a bottle, which compared to a lot of venues round here was peanuts. One venue wanted £23 a bottle!!

My wife and I had our reception in the Student Union - £1.20 a pint, 90p Vodka and Mix :teeth:

(Wife is a lecturer at Durham Uni).