Why did you join this forum?

AliveBoy

Why did you join this forum?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Why did you join this forum?

• To join a community of like minded individuals.
    • To sell my car/parts.
    • To buy my car/parts.
    • For help with the car/parts.
    • To rant/rave about a trader (both on or off the forum).
    • General witty banter.
    • I'm 14+/- and the school holidays were on and I wanted to "troll".
    • Advice and tips before buying a 350z or 370z.

So I was looking at a few new threads, where people just post up "I need help with this" without so much as a post in the welcome thread and I wondered why you all joined up on here?

Personally I joined because I found a trader on here selling a part I wanted for a great price via google and liked the forum enough to keep using it. I've added all of the options I can think of, if there's anything I've missed I can add it in :)

Edited to allow more than one option :)

Edited by AliveBoy

I signed up to get more information about 350's as I will looking to buy one, glad I did, made some amazing life long friends and have had a jolly good laugh while doing so.

Been a member of a few other forums, none have been like this one . . hence I sold up, moved 8k km and I am still here :yahoo:

• Like 1

When I'm buying a car - First port of call is always the owners club, to see what is on offer in the way of cars, and to get clued up ready for a potential purchase.

This place provided both of those for me.

Any vehicle specific forum is loaded with indispensable info, essential if you have even the vaguest of interest in your car.

Whenever I have a car I get hooked and am always looking to find out ways of making it better and so end up on a forum. I decided to join up here just before I got my Zed to see what I needed to know about the car before purchase and I knew I was going to spend a lot of time here once I had the car!

Just love coming on here, checking people's experiences, views and goodies for sale lol. It is a VERY good community here and I always have a laugh when I visit and that's what makes me come back (almost every day).

:)

Originally, it was for help about a car I was looking at purchasing, as it had the dodgy window motor issue.

I have no idea when I considered this place to be my 'internet home', the first forum I check in the morning and the forum I post important stuff onto.

• Like 2

Was looking for a Z, and wanted to get as much info about them as possible .. and, as much help as I can about modding one - I'm not a mechanic, but can follow instructions :) :)

Plus, meeting like minded souls, events, meets, road trips.

I joined when I bought my 370 so I could ' chat' with likeminded people about my new passion as I'd worn out the ears of my mrs and friends. I can post, read and comment on anything zed related without being told 'change the record we've heard enough already, we get it you love your zed' :lol:

After much Google related browsing I settled on this forum for the following reasons......

......very welcoming to new members, absolutely huge wealth of information regarding anything zed related, good deals to be had from traders here, a general positive attitude to questions even if they've been asked before (sometimes many times over)you still get a friendly reply even if it's just in the form of a link, this forum seems to be more friendly towards the novice enthusiasts,

Overall feeling of being welcomed when joining unlike some other forums which are full of keyboard assassins, plenty of banter and humour

......goes without saying best forum ever IMO and I'm happy to be a member :thumbs:

• Like 1

Originally it was to look for a buyers guide , then when I bought my 350 it was for mods , then I sold using the forum and bought a 911 but kept coming back to read the forum even though I was zed less

Started to post again when I bought the 370 ..

Pet hate are posts that ask for advice and then the OP doesn't conclude !

Joined as I wanted to be part of the community after buying my HR Roadster - handy to be part of a forum for advice and help on any potential issues or questions. Wish sometimes id joined first so I could have maybe bought a members car at a better price, but my zed purchase was a spur of the moment thing one weekend whilst out looking at BMW M3`s.

Sold the zed a few years back, but have remained here as its one of the very few forums im a member off where everyone has a good laugh and are sound as a pound. (well most people. :lol:)

• Like 1

I'd been a member of various other OC's for 4 years or so.

So when I started looking at Z33's it was natural to come on here.

Saw you'd commented, instantly thought the thread had

1) Got out of hand

2) Been shut down

:D:lol: Sorry Lexx :p

:lol::thumbs:

• Like 1

A mate told me to check out a forum before buying the Zed, and I fully intended to drop in for some free advice and disappear, but then I started to read some of the builds and before you know I'd gone fully blown zeditis. The unusually helpful people (for an Internet forum) were just the icing on the cake. I'm staying even if the Zed goes :teeth:

Why is there no option "to hear SMD's sleazy stories from back in the day"? ;)