The Results of The Scotish Vote for Independence.

WhackyWill

Despite all the comments, at the end of the day if I were looking at this from a dragons den perspective the Yes campaign did not do enough to convince me to invest in the idea. They got a decent head of steam via some chest beating on AS part in the last couple of weeks but the argument wasn't strong enough for me anyway.

Just been watching some coverage on TV, there was a journo/writer woman from the Yes campaign, she had a dig at those voting No saying that the country 'lacked the courage' to vote Yes. Its her type that are the core root of the No victory if you ask me.

She is probably very right, but more so for the points you make at the start.

I get the feeling the Yes campaign felt Scotland would just vote for independence without having the major issues answered or at least a decent plan, there was too much, it will work out fine, without much substance imho

Had they answered or sorted the major concerns, they probably would have faired much much better.

I think it was more courageous to vote No especially in the Yes dominated areas. I got a mate vote No in Glasgow, people he termed mates reckoned he was a coward and not a proper Scotsman for doing so, which is for a more apt word, utter pish. Its pathetic that Yes campaigners can use an idea that voting No was a cowards vote, it was a vote based on what they believed was best - bravery has nothing to do with it.

maybe some of the goons at Westminster on all sides will heed the warning this time that it's not just Scotland that so many of them seem out of touch with.

The size of the Yes vote leaves me with no doubt that Westminster is on a final warning.

Pete

Alex Salmond has just announced that he will not be standing for re-election to leader of the SNP, in effect tending his resignation.

the bbc article suggests it's with immediate effect and sturgeon is front runner to replace him.

Sounds fishy to me!! :sorry:

• Like 1

Alex Salmond has just announced that he will not be standing for re-election to leader of the SNP, in effect tending his resignation.

the bbc article suggests it's with immediate effect and sturgeon is front runner to replace him.

Sorry, if she gets the job then from her 'performances' to date I think that would not be a great decision.

That was a tense couple of days!

I actually changed my decision a day or 2 after the threads were locked. I was convinced, rightly or wrongly, (hard to know what/who to believe) but I decided maybe the gamble was worth the risk

On the day of the poll a lot of people I spoke to were undecided so I thought yes had a good chance of winning. I was looking forward to the city centre street party more than anything :lol:

I think with millibands announcement a lot of people are left even more disappointed today and think there's a good chance nothing will change, for Scotland and the rest of the uk outside the M25

I agree :lol:

On a serious note I didn't get involved in the other thread but read it with interest. I think Pete is right, westminster are on a final warning.

If a more capable leader with a support team who actually had answers to the issues we would be looking at a new independent Scotland.

I must say I really did enjoy reading most of gball's posts as he was informed and put his opinions and facts across brilliantly. Only the last couple of posts you could feel frustration.

I think the result means the UK will never be the same and hopefully we all get more say in how our local regions are affected by policy.

Win win situation if we get more devolution in England. And Scotland not voting on English issues basically locks labour out from a majority as they lose their 40 Scottish seats in an English vote. (only if we get it though)

And win win for Scotland it seems, getting more per head than the rest of the uk. And also the ability to set their own taxes by the looks. And scot only voting on Scottish issues.

So we are a nation of bottle merchants :(

Think this will happen again soon after a 5 or 6 years if there isn't massive changes and will be successful, I hope

Wouldn't say you bottled it, there were just too many unanswered questions, or rather answers that had very little substance.

Will be a long time before another referendum I think.

Hopefully some good will come of it and Scots won't have local MPs, Weatminster MPs and MEPs :headhurt:

I was in town last night picking my brother up and complete scumbags from both side were battling. This just demonstrates that we have too many tosspots in Scotland to be able to go fully independant. The only areas that voted yes were areas with high unemployment rates and junkies, as they idiots have nothing to lose.

I honestly think that if devomax was on the ballot this is would have been the majority choice. People don't want to leave the UK, the clever ones just want just want control of finances and decisions.

I honestly think good will come of all of this and potentially change politics forever.

Yesterday morning 2 million people woke up disappointed, last night 4 million went to bed disgusted!

Utterly shameful - I switched all media off last night - couldn't bear to watch it unfold.

Whats done is done - we have to move on and ensure that we're part of the decision making during future constitutional change.

The turnout shows the power of grassroots campaigning and that folk will get off their behinds and vote when its something important. If jo public realised that every election was as important then we may not have got to this stage - voter apathy is the only reason we ended up with the govt we have at present.

We also have to hope that Labour have the sense to get rid of Milliband and that up here the SNP have the sense to encourage voters to give their vote to Labour in the next general election to ensure that we don't end up with a UKIP / Tory govt.

The problem is that the videos that are surfacing just show wee d!cks with hooded tops on. These people do not represent the real people of Scotland, however this is what the world will see. Its absolutely disgusting! People in shithole area's are opportunistic rioters!

Think this will happen again soon after a 5 or 6 years if there isn't massive changes and will be successful, I hope

Nobody bottled it - look at the turnout.

We will have bottled it if everyone who turned out simply crawls back into their holes and doesn't continue the momentum to ensure that the promised changes happen - the referendum has done the entire UK a service - there has to be change all round now. Just think two years ago they predicted a 75% no vote. The actual result has rocked the establishment to its roots. :)

The problem is that the videos that are surfacing just show wee d!cks with hooded tops on. These people do not represent the real people of Scotland, however this is what the world will see. Its absolutely disgusting! People in shithole area's are opportunistic rioters!

Oh no - got sent a cracker last night - nowt 'wee' or 'hooded' about what's on it - can't figure out how to lift it from there to here though - will send it to you on FB - tell you what if ever there was a case for eugenics this is it :lol:

We also have to hope that Labour have the sense to get rid of Milliband and that up here the SNP have the sense to encourage voters to give their vote to Labour in the next general election to ensure that we don't end up with a UKIP / Tory govt.

No Viki, keep NOT voting Labour, they are the despots that continually deny further powers for devolved government so as to keep their Westminster paymasters in power.

Nobody bottled it - look at the turnout.

We will have bottled it if everyone who turned out simply crawls back into their holes and doesn't continue the momentum to ensure that the promised changes happen - the referendum has done the entire UK a service - there has to be change all round now. Just think two years ago they predicted a 75% no vote. The actual result has rocked the establishment to its roots. :)

:clap: absolutely!

And Neil there are scumbags everywhere, any excuse, just look at the riots a few years back around London & Manchester etc