The Results of The Scotish Vote for Independence.

WhackyWill

My cousins husband has a shop in the city centre where all the offices etc. are. A few days before the referendum he found out some staff in the offices were circulating emails to boycott his shop because he was gonna vote yes

And he's not even Asian :lol:

We also have to hope that Labour have the sense to get rid of Milliband and that up here the SNP have the sense to encourage voters to give their vote to Labour in the next general election to ensure that we don't end up with a UKIP / Tory govt.

No Viki, keep NOT voting Labour, they are the despots that continually deny further powers for devolved government so as to keep their Westminster paymasters in power.

Ahhhh but wait Geo - I know they are now pretty far from their roots BUT I think we will find out over the next couple of days there's a bloody good reason why Labour are stalling at the moment... I think that they'll just be making sure that nothing too nasty slips in the door along with the changes ... lets face it we know nowt about the nitty gritty yet. :) Bottom line is that in terms of a National election we have to start voting strategically unless we want to end up with potentially the most damaging govt since the 80s.

So we are a nation of bottle merchants :(

Think this will happen again soon after a 5 or 6 years if there isn't massive changes and will be successful, I hope

Nobody bottled it - look at the turnout.

We will have bottled it if everyone who turned out simply crawls back into their holes and doesn't continue the momentum to ensure that the promised changes happen - the referendum has done the entire UK a service - there has to be change all round now. Just think two years ago they predicted a 75% no vote. The actual result has rocked the establishment to its roots. :)

We did bottle it as we had a chance to take control of our country and passed on the chance to take the challenge to better ourselves. Time will tell how much power we get but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't give half the stuff they promised as its always the same with any politician or party, promise you what ever you want to hear to vote them in then forget all about it once in power.

The party leaders didn't show any respect to it by showing no real interest in it until it looked like they might loose then all came up pleading and pretending to be be our best buddies suddenly offering us all these wonderful new powers.

Why don't we already have these powers? or Why weren't these powers offered at the start when they were predicted to win by 75%?

The worst thing people can do is vote strategically. All that does is ensure you're voting for someone you don't actually want, and stops any smaller party ever getting anywhere. Look at the last election: the LibDems did outstandingly well, which they never would've done had people voted tactically. Yes we ended up with a coalition government, but that has worked out so much better than anyone (myself included) thought it would. Two parties, with pretty much nothing in common, have worked together with minimum fuss.

That's exactly what politics should be, people working together for the greater good.

We also have to hope that Labour have the sense to get rid of Milliband and that up here the SNP have the sense to encourage voters to give their vote to Labour in the next general election to ensure that we don't end up with a UKIP / Tory govt.

No Viki, keep NOT voting Labour, they are the despots that continually deny further powers for devolved government so as to keep their Westminster paymasters in power.

Ahhhh but wait Geo - I know they are now pretty far from their roots BUT I think we will find out over the next couple of days there's a bloody good reason why Labour are stalling at the moment... I think that they'll just be making sure that nothing too nasty slips in the door along with the changes ... lets face it we know nowt about the nitty gritty yet. :) Bottom line is that in terms of a National election we have to start voting strategically unless we want to end up with potentially the most damaging govt since the 80s.

i'm not Scottish or a labour voter but I'd question alot of labours intentions now when it comes to Scottish devolution. Scotland currently gives labour something like 40 mp's. Which is a major swing when it comes to them voting for or against policy in Westminster. If devolution goes the way the Scots want it. Then it leaves labour drastically weaker in Westminster. It pretty much takes their ability to out vote the opposition.

The worst thing people can do is vote strategically. All that does is ensure you're voting for someone you don't actually want

Aye, you're right. For the first time in my life I voted tactically at the last general election and regretted it within 24 hours.

Pete