The Cancer of Isis

Harryjax

http://bigstory.ap.o...slamic-uprising

YOLA, Nigeria (AP) — Hundreds of bodies — too many to count — remain strewn in the bush in Nigeria from an Islamic extremist attack that Amnesty International suggested Friday is the "deadliest massacre" in the history of Boko Haram.

Mike Omeri, the government spokesman on the insurgency, said fighting continued Friday for Baga, a town on the border with Chad where insurgents seized a key military base on Jan. 3 and attacked again on Wednesday.

"Security forces have responded rapidly, and have deployed significant military assets and conducted airstrikes against militant targets," Omeri said in a statement.

District head Baba Abba Hassan said most victims are children, women and elderly people who could not run fast enough when insurgents drove into Baga, firing rocket-propelled grenades and assault rifles on town residents.

"The human carnage perpetrated by Boko Haram terrorists in Baga was enormous," Muhammad Abba Gava, a spokesman for poorly armed civilians in a defense group that fights Boko Haram, told The Associated Press.

He said the civilian fighters gave up on trying to count all the bodies. "No one could attend to the corpses and even the seriously injured ones who may have died by now," Gava said.

An Amnesty International statement said there are reports the town was razed and as many as 2,000 people killed.

YOLA, Nigeria (AP) — Hundreds of bodies — too many to count — remain strewn in the bush in Nigeria from an Islamic extremist attack that Amnesty International suggested Friday is the "deadliest massacre" in the history of Boko Haram.

and I lived and worked in Yola for two years also ... very very sad what's happening there now

Depressingly inevitivble that something will happen here in 2015. I usually say I like working slap bang in the middle of the Capital. Not so sure now....

No different from when we were been bombed by the IRA in London, except this lot

wont give you any warning..!! :scare: :scare:

There are a few guys in California that are bombing Pakistani villages a couple of days a week. 12 die

in Paris, while tragic and abhorrent, doesn't cut the mustard there.

My point being, how outraged would you be if that was happening in your village and what would you do about it?

Purely devils advocate

• Like 1

Its a fair point Gman, but innocent civilians being ruthlessly murdered...

Even in Afghanistan the Taliban didnt want to fight, hiding behind human shields and disarming themselves. If they are that fanatically go to war, stand up and be counted, if your beliefs are that strong about your land you would fight till your last breath.

Even in Afghanistan the Taliban didnt want to fight, hiding behind human shields and disarming themselves. If they are that fanatically go to war, stand up and be counted, if your beliefs are that strong about your land you would fight till your last breath.

But they are fighting until their last breath, that's why the Taliban still exist. They use human shields not because they're cowards, but because it's a legitimate way of defending yourself against a superior enemy. They cannot go toe to toe with the likes of the coalition forces, so instead they have to resort to guerilla warfare. It's the smart thing to do, else you'll get slaughtered.

Morally human shields are wrong of course, but what else do you do when your enemy has laser guided missiles?

• Like 1

Is what these IS 'tards doing really freedom fighting?

They appear to be terrorising in the name of a harsh tyranical version of faith based politics - not freedom. They also seek virtual reward in 72 virgins (and thus regarding oppressed virgins as chattel - womens rights in places like Saudi or worse are known to be often appalling).

I'd class the following as freedom fighting:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/09/saudi-blogger-first-lashes-raif-badawi

Edited by ChrisB

I kinda agree with Ekona on the MO of the France attack.

I wouldn't be at all suprised if it turns out that after a history of rubbing people the wrong way with their publications, Charlie Hebdo was becoming a concern to the french government.

To nip this, attack them under the guise of Islamic Extremists.

Shame the intel was not thorough enough and they shot a muslim police officer (the one from the video online lying on the floor appealing for mercy and receiving a gunshot to the head point blank)

Edited by BulletMagnet