Done for Z Speeding

Jeff E

If your GPS tracker says you were within the 30mph limit that is enough for any court to throw it out. GPS doesn't lie, people on the other hand do...

Domestic GPS isn't accurate enough, as it doesn't take into account topography.

Hes right you know, GPS is no defence as far as a court is concerned.

You dont half talk nonsense sometimes, civilian gps (sps) and military gps (pps) use exactly the same satellites, civilian operates on one frequency and military two so they can use "ionospheric correction" which reduces radio degradation through the earths atmosphere. Topography has nothing to do with it ;)

Civilian gps is getting more and more accurate year on year as they introduce new signals and frequencies :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

You dont half talk nonsense sometimes, civilian gps (sps) and military gps (pps) use exactly the same satellites, civilian operates on one frequency and military two so they can use "ionospheric correction" which reduces radio degradation through the earths atmosphere. Topography has nothing to do with it ;)

Civilian gps is getting more and more accurate year on year as they introduce new signals and frequencies :)

Just 'sometimes' :o

If your GPS tracker says you were within the 30mph limit that is enough for any court to throw it out. GPS doesn't lie, people on the other hand do...

Hes right you know, GPS is no defence as far as a court is concerned.

A GPS 'Tracker' such as the insurance black boxes is,

As when a car carrying a blackbox goes to court after a dangerous crash and they see the driver speeding they use it to convict them so it as good device to prove innocence

Edited by StevoD

So we're completely ignoring how most GPS units in small modern devices (like phones and satnavs) only have a frequency sample of 1Hz, when for that kind of accuracy you're talking about you need at least 5Hz or higher via some kind of additional receiver? Never mind the use of A-GPS in phones.

Okay, just checking.

How long from point of capture with a camera van to a letter arriving on the doorstep if they decide to pursue

Technically it never has to arrive on the doorstep....

They have to issue the NIP within 14 days though. As Dave said, I'm sure a summons is longer but I don't know exactly for that.

Caroline used to deal with speed awareness courses (collecting the money :lol: ) and tells me that North Wales Police send out all their tickets first class every Monday, that includes people caught on the Sunday so up here you would wait a maximum of 8 days..

Pete

I've always been careful in the Zed, however, on the first day of ownership of a manky Vectra diesel estate and Boom! - speeding fine.

Bloody typical lol

haha i find this i drive my daily mazda harder than i do my Z

Driving on the limit is always more fun, a Mazda on the limit is more fun than a Zed that isn't.... doesn't make one better than the other...