Done for Z Speeding

Jeff E

Did any of you hear about that guy in Lincolnshire that got caught speeding at 113mph past a group of learner motorbikers?

article-2259658-16D4CE21000005DC-130_634x461.jpg

His screeching tyres send smoke billowing across the road as he desperately tries to regain control of his souped-up motor after decelerating from 113mph to 23mph in just three seconds.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259658/Terrifying-moment-Porsche-driver-caught-camera-speeding-past-learner-motorcyclists-wrong-road-113mph.html#ixzz3DKVDQva3

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

article-2259658-16D4CE25000005DC-186_306x423.jpg

He was found guilty of careless driving, got a 6 month ban and had to pay costs of £815. Quite lenient really.

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2259658/Terrifying-moment-Porsche-driver-caught-camera-speeding-past-learner-motorcyclists-wrong-road-113mph.html

I have known a couple of people getting done within the guide lines, one was a 34, one a 55.

I cant remember his name but does anyone remember that chief constable in wales that was quoted as saying, straying just 1mph over the speed limit is no different to slipping a knife into someone?

A friend of mine was on a speed awareness course recently, also on there was a

72 year old lady who was out shopping, never had a conviction in 40 years

but was done for 32 in a 30 limit..!!! WTF..!!! :surrender:

There you go "photo or it didn't happen".. :thumbs: :thumbs: ;)

Car-humor-joke-funny-old-woman-driving-granny-250.jpg

Very good Will

https://www.google.c...AB_1bey0w-L2Eos

Only trouble is this thread is not in the jokes section :doh:

Done... :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have - good and proper! And stop wasting our time on all these "I know someone.........blah, blah,blah" that you feel the need to add to endless number of threads :bangin:

Or expect them to be deleted with no further warning. :dry:

My friends Dad has been a mod on PistonHeads for 43 years and he does the same with bragging threads on there :thumbs:

I got pulled once doing silly speed in a 40, the policeman gave me a royal dressing down, made me feel the size of an ant and like an absolute c0ck, he ran all these nasty scenarios past me and made me feel suitably guilty. He then wrote a ticket out and handed it over, to my surprise it was a £60 fine for my incorrectly spaced numberplate (it was spaced badly) and let me on my way. It made a bigger difference to my driving than anything else has and gave me far more respect for speed limits than a camera giving me a £60 and 3 points.

• Like 3

Bingo. When I got caught doing 107mph 1/4 average on the A12 and got away with a £60 fine and just 3pts, I considered myself a very lucky boy and toned my driving down instantly because of it. That was back in June 2005, and I haven't changed back to my old habits at all.

Edited by Ekona

32 in a 30 sounds dubious to me... Sorry Will.

Sounds like either the old lady or your mate exaggerating for effect.

When you get the letter to go to the naughty boy / girl course it tells you the thresholds that you would get done for and you would be OK at 32mph... The only exception would be if you got pulled over by the police and then admitted to going 32mph. I think at that point the police could write you a ticket as you have stated that you were speeding. :shrug:

Bingo. When I got caught doing 107mph 1/4 average on the A12 and got away with a £60 fine and just 3pts, I considered myself a very lucky boy and toned my driving down instantly because of it. That was back in June 2005, and I haven't changed back to my old habits at all.

But I enjoyed that 140+mph ride with you on the ;) ...recently, so you still have that need for speed :D

• Like 1

I got my first speeding ticket last week :( was accelerating up a hill out of the 30 into de-restricted, camera van parked about 20 yards into the 30. Got done for 40 in a 30. Going to go on this speed awareness course thing.

You have - good and proper! And stop wasting our time on all these "I know someone.........blah, blah,blah" that you feel the need to add to endless number of threads :bangin:

Or expect them to be deleted with no further warning. :dry:

My friends Dad has been a mod on PistonHeads for 43 years and he does the same with bragging threads on there :thumbs:

Was that done by pigeon? You post the reply and they pin it up onto the "message board" for all to see? :D

Everyone is missing the point, the 10% + 2mph is to allow for your speedo being out. Unless your speedo is regularly calibrated you have no idea exactly what your speed is so driving to the "allowance" can very easily land you in serious trouble. Obey the limits or face the consequences, 3 years ago I was invited to attend an awareness course after doing 34 in a 30 limit, six months ago I got another ticket so had to smile sweetly and pay up, that one was 35 in a 30. Both in a company car with a tracker that also monitors speed, on both occasions according to the tracker I was within the limit - there is no defence if you are caught.

• Like 1