Done for Z Speeding

Jeff E

Consider yourself lucky if you got the speed awareness course. I just had my reply from my hearing for when I got caught by a speed gun on my way back from the Wales trip this year - not a good outcome. I've been given 6 points :( lesson well and truly learnt...

What speeds?

Not condoning speeding of any sort on here - but was caught doing 91mph in a 60mph zone...

Am I right in thinking that as you were going over 50% over the limit worst case they could have taken your license?

Consider yourself lucky if you got the speed awareness course. I just had my reply from my hearing for when I got caught by a speed gun on my way back from the Wales trip this year - not a good outcome. I've been given 6 points :( lesson well and truly learnt...

What speeds?

Not condoning speeding of any sort on here - but was caught doing 91mph in a 60mph zone...

Am I right in thinking that as you were going over 50% over the limit worst case they could have taken your license?

I think they took into account the 10% + 2mph before calculating the difference in speed. But either way I did broke the law and have to accept the consequences. I'm still better off than losing my license.

• Like 1

Ouch another 9mph and it would have been a ban!

Yup! Count myself lucky to still be able to drive - losing my license would mean losing my job. Still gotta cough up the £305 fine in addition to it though...they're allowing me to split it in two parts which is good I guess