NEW 2015 Mazda MX5

neo

i can see they've blatantly stolen design cues from the F-type, but to me the new MX5 looks like an elephant has sat on the bonnet, and then someone added some lights with an axe as an afterthought. it looks like a snake at the front, and a startled rabbit at the back.

and those have to be the tiniest twin tailpipes i have ever seen... the f-type needs twin exhausts, with the engines the new MX5 is fitted with it barely needs one.

Oh, and the wheels are too small :p

i can see they've blatantly stolen design cues from the F-type, but to me the new MX5 looks like an elephant has sat on the bonnet, and then someone added some lights with an axe as an afterthought. it looks like a snake at the front, and a startled rabbit at the back.

and those have to be the tiniest twin tailpipes i have ever seen... the f-type needs twin exhausts, with the engines the new MX5 is fitted with it barely needs one.

So do you like it or not :shrug:

:)

If it drives half as well as the MK3 then none of that will matter a bit :p

Yeah not a fan of the rear the more I look at it... the interior looks a step up too, just hope it hasn't made it too lardy...

The article says its 100kg lighter than the mk3.

Not really a fan of the newer mx5s as they kept getting heavier, glad to see they've bucked the trend.

Edited by Gudzy

Yeah not a fan of the rear the more I look at it... the interior looks a step up too, just hope it hasn't made it too lardy...

The article says its 100kg lighter than the mk3.

Not really a fan of the newer mx5s as they kept getting heavier, glad to see they've bucked the trend.

Ah missed that bit :blush:

Was the MK2 that went a bit lardy wasn't it then with the Mk3 they got all OCD? Good that it is lighter still, proper go-kart :yahoo:

Ah missed that bit :blush:

Was the MK2 that went a bit lardy wasn't it then with the Mk3 they got all OCD? Good that it is lighter still, proper go-kart :yahoo:

No, the mk3 is the heaviest of the lot. It got so heavy they upped the engine capacities to cope.

SO MUCH WANT

That's going to be amazing, as long as the electric steering isn't completely sh*t. With a lovely high-revving 2L lump in there, that's going to be a beauty of a car.

You could always supercharge or turbo it for a wee bit more power B)