2012 Nissan 370z with 2100 miles on the clock Cat D

JunZ

:lol:

In fairness to eBay, they're correct when it comes to property as it can be very complicated to buy, and so it's unlikely any transaction via eBay would be legally binding. Cars are just another object though, and I suspect the reason they have the get-out clause is to stop themselves being over-run by people complaining about both fussy buyers and obstinate sellers. Hell, I'd provably do the same if I was them!

• Like 1

The prices I fishy, but in regards to it being written off due to that damage, I could probably believe.

I know for a fact that a door shell costs around 600 from Nissan.

Bumper £300

Headlight Washer Cover £80

Front Wing £200

Door £600

Skirt £400

Rear Quarter Repair/Replace £800

Front Alloy £200

Rear Alloy £250

Alignment £100

Labour to Strip £500

Labour to Fit £600

Paint Entire Side and Possibly Blend Other panels £900

Thats just a rough estimate and its already at around £5000. Im sure a dealer could find more to replace!!

The car was only about 6 months old when it was crashed, isn't it quite common for insurance companies to write off new vehicles for little damage?

It does seem very cheap, though and quite dodgy that he accepted an offer £4-5k below his price, but it could prove to be an incredible deal if theres nothing untoward about it :D

I don't think replacement 370Z RAYS are £250 mind.

Not from Nissan anyway. Could be wrong mind.

No not new for sure, someone said they got a set off ebay 2nd hand for £500 though! :scare: :scare: :scare: (too many??)

No not new for sure, someone said they got a set off ebay 2nd hand for £500 though! :scare: :scare: :scare: (too many??)

Think he means per wheel as the damage was on one side only, so one

front and one rear, even so still a bit cheap. :scare:

I dont think I could buy a car like that " too good to be true ". I'd be too sceptical but I can completely see the temptation. I'd most be worried about outstanding finance or Chassis being bent. Best of luck regardless.

Also, if you buy a car and dont follow through with it on Ebay I highly doubt anything will come of it. How many adverts do you see saying " readvertised due to a complete timewaster!!! " :lol:

Good luck bud :thumbs:

• Like 2

I smell something fishy, the seller did not even attempt to counter your first offer? The pics showing the minor damage could be from a more recent collision and not neccesasrily from the original incident. Worth thinking about.

• Like 1

Does he have any pics of the accident damage?

yh, front bumper and passenger side wing were damaged but nothing major few scracthes and the bumper number plate holder was hanging.

Why write it off then .... Hmmm

That's exactly what I was thinking. Nothing major / few scratches is not a total write-off... Not for a car worth £20+K? I sincerely hope that the car is OK and that you get an absolute bargain, but as everyone else has said... sounds dodgy as fook! This is exactly the reason why most people will avoid CAT C/D like the plague! :)

Don't get me wrong my last car was a cat d , and was best car I ever owned , it's definitely the best idea to take mr AA with you tho

my previous car was a cat D aswell, had it for 3 years never had a problem with it. i was going to go today but apparently AA enginers for inspection dont work during the weekends so ill probably book it tomorrow for Wednesday.

I don't see a problem with cat D cars providing chassis isn't damaged, tyres don't ware, and car looks to be straight.

If the claim amounted to the value of the car or more then it would have been a C, if insurance decided to fix the car themselves then it would be clear ;) but as insurance has paid keeper out most probably from the owners choice as no matter how big or small the damage is it would be categorised as D. If I purchased a car new then 2 years down the line it was damaged I would Certinaly want to get paid out as it will always be on the back of your mind that your pride and joy now has filler, paint and replacement panels. Buying a cat D is different as they usually come a lot cheaper and you mentally accept that it has had a repair of some sort. Providing all comes back well with engineer and background checks. Get it bought. It looks a nice car!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think he means per wheel as the damage was on one side only, so one

front and one rear, even so still a bit cheap. :scare:

Was just a number to suggest how easy it is for that to be a write off. The slightest sign of damage, the estimator would just replace it! Repair value wouldn't surprise me at around £8000.

Good morning all, yesterday i called Nissan Wisbech to find out what has been change on the when its serviced, somehow they aint got a record of it, but the owner of the car works there, once i gave them the number plate they new it was his car they verbally confirmed that the car has been serviced by him apperently his a qualified mechanic, but no proof of what has been changed.

it makes me think now, why is this car so cheap? 1. the person want to get rid of it... 2. there is some serious problem with the car.

Guys this is the pic of the car that he reckons was a cat d. Doesn't look like much damage does it to warrant it being written off. Also note the windscreen in the before repair after repair - there's no tax disc. And also the tax disc is in a different position. Why would you do that? Do you think the windscreen has been removed and the vin number tampered with? It sounds like this car is too good to be true. The service history for that number plate is not on the main dealer system and the guy selling it works for nissan so obviously he's just stamped his book.

post-21429-140792703119_thumb.jpg

post-21429-140792705864_thumb.jpg

• Like 1