2012 Nissan 370z with 2100 miles on the clock Cat D

JunZ

Hi everyone I will be going to see this car on sunday, but the mileage and price makes me think that they could be other problems with the car.

its a 2012 Nissan 370z one previous owner, 2100 miles on the clock, for £12,000.....I will be calling a AA inspector to inspect the car.

also I heard stories about getting robbed, but i wont be carrying any cash bank transfer only.

what you guys think?

Edited by JunZ

Cheap car, you need to find out what the damage was and who repaired it . :thumbs:

the person has send me a picture of it, front bumper and side skirt was damaged and changed by Nissan, also two services on the service book, first one aroubd 500 miles :s second one done around 1500 :s , i was servicing my 350Z every 4000-5000 this is wierd to be honest. i already spoke to the person on the phone he said the car runs perfect also he didnt say anything about the AA inspector when i said i will be bringing one so his happy about it.

Mil

Nissan, also two services on the service book, first one aroubd 500 miles :s second one done around 1500 :s , i was servicing my 350Z every 4000-5000 this is wierd to be honest.

Seeing as though the car has only done 2100 miles, and is two years old, the servicing periods check out.

They've followed the servicing date intervals, not mileage intervals.

Mil

Nissan, also two services on the service book, first one aroubd 500 miles :s second one done around 1500 :s , i was servicing my 350Z every 4000-5000 this is wierd to be honest.

Seeing as though the car has only done 2100 miles, and is two years old, the servicing periods check out.

They've followed the servicing date intervals, not mileage intervals.

I was worried about that, but now it makes sense.

Hmmmmmm......... were the air bags discharged, does the pop-up bonnet system still work (if had fired it is an arm and a leg job to replace)

Just mentioning those, not seeing those accident pics.

Think you are right to take an engineer with you as that price/mileage, even with a Cat D, does seem very low to me, but good luck to you if it checks out and you don't mind the hit when you come to sell it.

The thing to remember is that a CAT D is still a write off which means the cost to repair was higher than the value of the car at that time. This makes me feel that it's not just cosmetic damage since that wouldn't cost more than £16k to fix. It could be airbags or other structural work.

It's important to find out what the damage was and what work was done.

Hmmmmmm......... were the air bags discharged, does the pop-up bonnet system still work (if had fired it is an arm and a leg job to replace)

Think you are right to take an engineer with you as that price/mileage, even with a Cat D, does seem very low to me, but good luck to you if it checks out and you don't mind the hit when you come to sell it.

he said airbags were not damaged, i asked him to send me the after accident pictures again so i will post it as soon as i receive the pictures.

i have seen the pictures literally the front bumper was slightly damaged, and the side skirt nothing else, how is that a CAT D though?

he said airbags were not damaged, i asked him to send me the after accident pictures again so i will post it as soon as i receive the pictures.

i have seen the pictures literally the front bumper was slightly damaged, and the side skirt nothing else, how is that a CAT D though?

In that case I would carefully check the chassis number .. :surrender:

In that case I would carefully check the chassis number .. :surrender:

yeap the person from AA would probably check all of those, including another hpi check etc..

Hmmm it all smells a bit fishy really. The car hasnt been up on eBay that long and he accepts a 25% reduction in the cost straight away?

yeap, i made an offer and he aceept it, i was expecting a counter offer to be honest.