Impaled by a ford focus

Jehuty

Unfortunatly on the way home from work last Friday a lady wielding a ford focus on the outside lane if a roundabout impaled my 350z while attempting to go all the way round the roundabout in the outside lane while I was going straight on the inside lane (entering a duel carriage way with road markings indicating I was using the lane correctly)

Unfortunatly this has resulted in £2000 worth of damage to my 04 GT and it requires a new passenger door. I have to go through insurance although the focus driver insists my use of the roundabout is incorrect and here correct (clearly she knows not of the Highway Code, and is visually impaired for not being able to a. Read the road markings and b. see my not very subtle and quite loud 350z of which 50% was in front of her at time of impact.

Do we think its a write off? As stated needs a new door and significant damage to rear quarter and inside door shut..

On the plus side the tarmacsportz side diffuser survived the onslaught with not even a scratch!

A good rule of thumb is the right hand lane is only used if you are going past 12 o clock on the roundabout. e.g turning right.

Left hand lane for going left or straight on.

If the lanes are marked on the road to say different then i would think you will need photo`s of them to help your case.

Good luck

From how you've explained it, if she was navigating the roundabout and you've entered the roundabout pulling out in front of her then you're probably going to be held liable.

Shame about your car :(

Edited by mouthwash

A good rule of thumb is the right hand lane is only used if you are going past 12 o clock on the roundabout. e.g turning right.

If the lanes are marked on the road to say different then i would think you will need photo`s of them to help your case.

Good luck

I think this is as the OP described, lady in the left hand lane going beyond 180 degrees.

Sounds like she is in the wrong but there are cases where the roads signs and markings indicate otherwise.

Many people seem to have no idea how to negotiate roundabouts, I've avoided collisions on many occasions by anticipating some muppet cutting off the roundabout in the left lane or attempting to take an incorrect exit.

Good luck

That's exactly how I treat roundabouts, but I know the type of roundabout the op is talking about. Tbh I still get in the left lane for straight ahead, purely because of all the other uneducated idiots on the road these days.

• Like 1

Unfortunatly on the way home from work last Friday a lady wielding a ford focus on the outside lane if a roundabout impaled my 350z while attempting to go all the way round the roundabout in the outside lane while I was going straight on the inside lane (entering a duel carriage way with road markings indicating I was using the lane correctly) ............

Always expect a fight when you enter a duel carriageway lol ;)

Edited by ATTAK Z

Unfortunatly on the way home from work last Friday a lady wielding a ford focus on the outside lane if a roundabout impaled my 350z while attempting to go all the way round the roundabout in the outside lane while I was going straight on the inside lane (entering a duel carriage way with road markings indicating I was using the lane correctly) ............

damn beat me to it

and I've been waiting to use this on someone - it was always going to be you though Attack :lol:

grammar_zps776e5ddf.jpg

• Like 1

That was a good few years ago though Dave. Prices are considerably lower now.

True enough, but almost twice as much damage and I am sure Zeds haven't halved in value..... I would say my Zed was worth about £6k tops at the time (minus mods that cound for nowt) so they paid 75% of the car, all depends how sure they are of getting the money back, if it was driver error and nobody else involved then no doubt a write-off but if someone else was to blame not so clear cut I reckon...

damn beat me to it

and I've been waiting to use this on someone - it was always going to be you though Attack :lol:

grammar_zps776e5ddf.jpg

chalkboard.0354081001402749411.gif

• Like 1

I'd say a write off. But make sure you draw diagrams. Go back to the roundabout and take lots of photos to describe the incident This will really help your case. Write up a good worded description too. I would hate for it to go knock for knock or even worse your fault for her stupid driving.

I have been the same boat this year and it just causes stress!

Can almost guarantee that it will go down as 50-50 on the insurance, in other words a fault claim for both parties. Roundabouts are a complete nightmare from an insurance perspective.

+1

Very sorry to hear this Jentuy, too many Zeds getting damaged recently.

If they do write it off, buy back the salvage for a realistic price, get the parts

from Zmanalex and get your local body shop to repair it, and you will be quids in

and still have your car. :thumbs:

I hate people in 'Normal' cars, Theyre all a threat in my eyes.

If your in the wrong lane, Just follow it off, Turn around and come back?! Why be a total tit and risk an accident.

But then I suppose everyone's not as considerate as us enthusiasts!

• Like 1

if a car is a CATD, and you wanted to sell the car, how much does it affect/effect ( now i'm thinking about my grammar) the price?

The insurance company will usually take between 10 and 20% of write off value if you want to buy it back, if you assume a payout of £5500 then thats £1100 ....... the headlights and rear lights alone will probably see you that back.

Depending on how bad it is it might be worth considering a repair, if you get the above then you have a good few grand to play with ;)

• Like 1

That was a good few years ago though Dave. Prices are considerably lower now.

True enough, but almost twice as much damage and I am sure Zeds haven't halved in value..... I would say my Zed was worth about £6k tops at the time (minus mods that cound for nowt) so they paid 75% of the car, all depends how sure they are of getting the money back, if it was driver error and nobody else involved then no doubt a write-off but if someone else was to blame not so clear cut I reckon...

I wouldn't say twice as much Dave, the rear quarter is a right pain in the **** - made worse by the fact prices for just the quarter are off the scale at Nissan, I think it was about £700 or something. Then you've got cutting and welding to take into account. Wing, Door and Wheels are easy items to remove.