the best engine?

leebottrill

Yes, look at the redline.

6.5 for DE

7 for DE revup

7.5 for HR

Is that the rev limiter or where the red starts on the dial? Reason I ask is I think my de car may have had a rev-up tune but don't know how to tell....

You car won't have had a rev up tune.

It's called UpRev and is totally separate from the manufacturers naming of the engine.

I drive an 04 DE, so first generation engine, but the HR is a better engine, plus you get the extra goodies of better interior, sexy lights and power bulging bonnet :D

The only thing the DE has over the HR is modability. More choice in intakes, plenums and plenum spacers. However, after spending all that money on upgrading the various intake system parts, you still won't have achieved the power of the HR.

• Like 1

.............................................. However, after spending all that money on upgrading the various intake system parts, you still won't have achieved the power of the HR.

Wanna compare dyno read outs????

:lol:

Sorry just messing about :blush:

.............................................. However, after spending all that money on upgrading the various intake system parts, you still won't have achieved the power of the HR.

Wanna compare dyno read outs????

Sorry just messing about :blush:

Boosting is cheating :p

I drive an 04 DE, so first generation engine, but the HR is a better engine, plus you get the extra goodies of better interior, sexy lights and power bulging bonnet :D

The only thing the DE has over the HR is modability. More choice in intakes, plenums and plenum spacers. However, after spending all that money on upgrading the various intake system parts, you still won't have achieved the power of the HR.

I've been told aswell that the HR can take more power on standard internals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this stage of the game surely all of this is hypothetical, if an engine has not had regular oil changes with the correct oil and been run on 95 RON fuel then it's a ticking bomb anyway. Dan is right to a point but I wouldn't want that horribly high oil consumption that an HR can give.

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

This is news to me.....I've never heard this before about the HR. I thought it was the 06 Rev-up engine that suffered from high oil consumption.

My HR has never used a drop since I've owned her!