Got to hand back my driving license

350 Russ

To cut a long story short last wednesday night i was rushed into hospital having a seizure, never had one before in my life until that night and after having the last week of scans and tests it turns out I've got a bleed on my brain from something called a carvernoma.

Luckily i don't need surgery but ill be on pills for the rest of my days but I can't drive for a year from my last seizure which was monday and I hope that was my last as i came out of hospital today.

But still the zed is going off of the road, to look on the positives i can give it a bit of a refurb underneath and rust proof it all the way through and fit the mods which i have piled up in the dining room waiting to go.

Im still coming to terms with it, I don't smoke or drink, and this happens. one of the only things i did do other than support my team that i enjoy was drive my zed and tinker with it, I know I can still tinker but its a kick in the plumbs non the less.

Really sorry to hear this mate, hope you got my spoiler finished :stir: On a serious note, I hope everything goes well for you and the Zed, and I know i speak for everyone on here, especially the local guys, just shout if you need anything buddy. :):console:

• Like 6

Russ, @*!# man that's terrible news, no driving for a year!

On a serious note at least its not serious and you can receive medication. It just makes you realise how very fragile we really are as humans. Fingers crossed for you that you'll get the all clear in a year.

:console:

• Like 1

im in 2 minds what to do with the zeds insurance, it will be on the driveway so safe enough, and I've just spent £800 insuring it for another year, so not sure if i should cancel that and get the money back or leave it running just incase something bad happens.

Thanks for all the replys folks.

Edited by 350 Russ

Sorry to hear this Russ. I had my licence revoked for medical reasons a few years ago. It's hard going out each day seeing your car knowing you can't drive it. But each day that passes is another day closer to you getting the licence back.

At least you or no one else was hurt when you had a seizure. It was out of the blue and could of happened at any time. I won't insult anyone's intelligence by suggesting what 'could' of happened if you were driving for example.

Glad you're out of hospital and as much in the clear as you can be. Keep your chin up, you'll be back behind the wheel again mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

Hope you have a good clear year, mate, then you'll be back in your Zed in no time :D As you mentioned, plenty of time to tinker and get things done to it that you've been meaning too :thumbs:

As for he insurance, can you phone them and see if fire and theft is any cheaper as you have no need for fully comp?

• Like 1

To cut a long story short last wednesday night i was rushed into hospital having a seizure, never had one before in my life until that night and after having the last week of scans and tests it turns out I've got a bleed on my brain from something called a carvernoma.

Luckily i don't need surgery but ill be on pills for the rest of my days but I can't drive for a year from my last seizure which was monday and I hope that was my last as i came out of hospital today.

But still the zed is going off of the road, to look on the positives i can give it a bit of a refurb underneath and rust proof it all the way through and fit the mods which i have piled up in the dining room waiting to go.

Im still coming to terms with it, I don't smoke or drink, and this happens. one of the only things i did do other than support my team that i enjoy was drive my zed and tinker with it, I know I can still tinker but its a kick in the plumbs non the less.

Rough luck mate. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Bloody hell Russ, just glad you're going to be okay matey.

My bro was off the road for a year following a seizure, didn't hand his licence back though as that just causes hassle when you want to start driving again. He got the doctors note telling not to drive, waited 365 days, got another letting saying he was fit to drive and off he went.

Some folks have had hassle getting their licence returned from the DVLA, that's why I mention it. Time will fly though mate, it did for him. :)

• Like 1