370 Nismo. What U think

Dicky

Its the same argument we see on here over and over again:

Why buy a HR when you can get a DE for 60% of the cost?

Why double your cost to a 70 when its pretty much a 50 with some newer styling?

Why double your cost again to buy a Nismo when its a 70 in a fancy dress?

Because we all love cars, so are a bit crazy :lol:

Edited by 370Ad
  • Like 2

Ekona is brutal with his opinions but they are consistent, maybe he will warm to the Zed when he finally buys the temper!

Love the 370z nismo both mk1 and the new US version. I think I would struggle to buy a car and not do some sort of mods to it but I think the 370z nismo really would make me happy out the box! I see why people might not like it but its those reasons why I do like it :)

• Like 1

You 350 owners definitely got a better deal on the sound. To me 350s even with the stock exhaust sound sporty. The Nismo exhaust was an improvement on the standard 370 but still too quiet for my liking. Mine sounds nasty now (in a good way) :)

If I buy a 370 in the future it will ne a nismo.

At first I preferred the 2015 model and that put me off the original. But having seen the other 2015 nismo models with the same style bumper and red splitters, I'd definitely prefer the current car.

1f20509cdc8187adf9d40b1eb52a74e6.jpg

The nissan marketing dept will end up pasting the nismo badge on every model. Like m badged bmw's with 2.0 diesels and "amg" mercs with 1.8's etc.

The car in the pic looks like it's been modded by a kid buying bits from halfords.

Edited by Kev

Oh the topic of 911s I wouldn't trade my 370 for anything less than a brand new 911, I just don't see the appeal.

I think the 2015 Nismo could be better than it is, when it was revealed I did a photoshop of the front without the red...

Blackednismo_zpsdb3d5b6d.jpg

Call me sad but if that bumper becomes available to buy over here I will get it!

I didn't like the nismo that much from photos until I saw one in the flesh. I thought the bumper and splitter looked odd but it just works when you see it in front of you. But if I sold the 350 I'd probably just go for a 370 roadster and spend all the change on mods.

• Like 1

Here's mine and I love it, I have a great picture of it with a 911 at the ring but I can not copy and past on here for some reason, If any one can tell me how to do it I will post it up,

post-22397-0-51764200-1401825958_thumb.jpg

Edited by api330
  • Like 1

370z is a car that always looks better in the flesh than in photos. I've never seen a NISMO in the flesh, so will reserve judgement until I do. From photos it does seem OTT.

The 350z looks pretty dated beside it IMO.

Edited by AJRFulton

Here's mine and I love it, I have a great picture of it with a 911 at the ring but I can not copy and past on here for some reason, If any one can tell me how to do it I will post it up,

easiest way is to set up a photo bucket account and then post the img link from there to here

That's how I posted the other picture but the pic I want to post is one where I can copy and then past it as I can not load it onto photo bucket it works on other forums but it wont do it on this site, Never mind :)

Can someone please photoshop a picture of Ekona sitting in a Nismo with a big happy smile on his face ;)

Here you go . . . ..

IMAG0271.jpg

Unfortunately you can't see his cheesy grin due to the privacy glass :lol:

• Like 2

It's a marmite thing.

After Nissan decided to make a Nismo Duke, have to say that was not one of it's better moves. I can't knock the brand too much otherwise I will have to invest in a whole new wardrobe collection :lol:

Can someone please photoshop a picture of Ekona sitting in a Nismo with a big happy smile on his face ;)

I know you're kidding around, but that illustrates my point exactly about how Nissan have killed/are killing the Nismo brand. I could walk into town and take a selfie of myself smiling away whilst sat in a Juke Nismo, and that would satisfy your comment quite nicely.

Nismo should've stayed a performance name, not a combination of a token power increase and excess styling one IMHO. As a keen driver, I should want a Nismo car due to the history of the name, not merely glancing at the badge stuck to a mini-SUV.

• Like 1

The GT-R Nismo seems be a pretty hardcore vehicle and if the ring lap times are to be believed, a meaningful improvement over the "stock" GT-R?

Bingo, that's exactly what should come to mind when you think of a Nismo :thumbs:

To be honest, I'm not too fussed about the Nismo brand. It's not something I knew much about until quite recently so I don't feel any particular affinity with it. I've got this car because to me it's currently the 370 I most want to own from a driving and aesthetic point of view. That said, I agree its a shame they've stuck the Nismo branding on other lesser vehicles.

I'm not moved by criticisms about the 370 Nismo's power hike being fairly small over the regular 370. I've said in previous threads that I think the figures are quite misleading - something that I believe the guy who did the super fast lap on the Ring in the GTR Nismo also said about the 370 Nismo (although he obviously gets paid by Nissan). It feels quite a lot quicker to me than the stats suggest it should - I'm certainly more than happy with it power/acceleration wise. I feel reasonably qualified to have that opinion having gone from - 370 (unmodified) to 370 (aftermarket exhaust and uprev) to this one. It's distinctly nippier than my upreved 370 and handles substantially better too. (I've no idea if the addition of an exhaust and hfcs have made much difference to the performance as I've not had the car dynod)

From what I've read (which admitdely isn't much) it seems to be a similar approach to that taken by Porsche with the recent GTS variants - stick all the available bells and whistles on and up the power a little.

As I've said I really don't mind if people have a pop at the 370 N so long as they don't mind me turning up like a bad penny to defend it on the basis that I absolutely love the thing and like to present a balanced argument for people who might be considering it.

By the way, I watched a brief video of the newer variant today - it only reinforced my view that they've really mucked up the styling - the front end looked horrible on the road in motion.

• Like 2

This is quoted from the top gear review. Seems we will be seeing nismo micra's soon.

"Time to set the record straight: Nismo isn't the equivalent of BMW's M or Audi's RS divisions. Those are the words straight from Nissan's very own mouth. No, the buzzword over there is now "accessible performance", which is why this new 370Z Nismo isn't a fire-spitting, spine-shattering loon. Disappointed?"

This is quoted from the top gear review. Seems we will be seeing nismo micra's soon.

"Time to set the record straight: Nismo isn't the equivalent of BMW's M or Audi's RS divisions. Those are the words straight from Nissan's very own mouth. No, the buzzword over there is now "accessible performance", which is why this new 370Z Nismo isn't a fire-spitting, spine-shattering loon. Disappointed?"

I have also read this and tend to agree with their point and strategy. accessible performance is all we need for UK roads. If I wanted a proper track car. I would build it like most of the guys on the forum, rather than try and buy from the box.