370 Nismo. What U think

Dicky

I don't get the boy racer bit, The whole aero package on the car is there for a reason to add with high speed stability and high speed handling and that goes hand in hand with the better brakes, more chassis bracing, uprated suspension, slightly more torque and power its a whole package to give the car a special feel when driving looking at or just sitting in it which to me it does , I have been to the ring in mine and its was the best car I have been around in (it was the 6th time in 6th different cars) and got loads of attention everywhere it went and was the only one I saw for the whole period we were there, I even seen two gumpert apollo in the time we were there but no other nismo's, I suppose we pay our money and make our choices, :thumbs:

Edited by api330
  • Like 1

TBH it's not like there was a lot left on the table power wise with the 3.7 without adding forced induction or boring it out, so what else could they do but "optimise" the existing map to add a modicum of extra power?

As someone has said the handling and aero mods might add enough extra spice to warrant the nismo badge.

All that will (eventually) happen is that the Nismo moniker will be replaced over time as the extension to micras and jukes dilutes the cachet. A bit like AMG/AMG Black, M/M-sport, S-line/RS etc.

So WINKJ - are you ordering one....? :)

I will be... a week today B)

Good luck with the purchase. There'll be a lot of stuff not on your shopping list, coz' it's already there. I've had nothing but statements of 'wow', from anyone who has approached and asked me about it, a lot of people stop and take photo's. It's a great place to be. very, very rare.
  • Like 1

So WINKJ - are you ordering one....? :)

I will be... a week today B)

Good luck with the purchase. There'll be a lot of stuff not on your shopping list, coz' it's already there. I've had nothing but statements of 'wow', from anyone who has approached and asked me about it, a lot of people stop and take photo's. It's a great place to be. very, very rare.

What he said. Amount of positive attention you get is something else.

• 2 weeks later...

just bought a silver.

Nice - welcome to the exclusive Nismo inner circle of club Z ;)

Prepare for lots of attention on the roads.

I like how this thread started with a bit of unprovoked Nismo bashing on the 350 part of the forum and has now been appropriated by those of us who appreciate the Nismo.

Edited by sipar69

I had an interesting journey to the Nismo Z - previously had a TVR T350, sold in 2008, missed her like hell, then le crisis put paid to boys toys....after all that, I tried out a well sorted Cerb, a supercharged Dax Cobra, even the GT86. Variously felt rattly, underpowered (or over powered!) - then I tried the Nis. Wow. Super sharp, precise handling, well built - but it had the soul of a truly mentalist sports car. This is what the Nismo folks have done in my opinion - carefully worked out what chaps like us want, and delivered it. Genius.

I'll post a few more pics when I get out. The silver contrasts well with the red calipers. Nissan threw in a free Tribos treatment, too early to say whether it works longer term, but so far so good.

Edited by jono6395
  • Like 1

I had an interesting journey to the Nismo Z - previously had a TVR T350, sold in 2008, missed her like hell, then le crisis put paid to boys toys....after all that, I tried out a well sorted Cerb, a supercharged Dax Cobra, even the GT86. Variously felt rattly, underpowered (or over powered!) - then I tried the Nis. Wow. Super sharp, precise handling, well built - but it had the soul of a truly mentalist sports car. This is what the Nismo folks have done in my opinion - carefully worked out what chaps like us want, and delivered it. Genius.

I'll post a few more pics when I get out. The silver contrasts well with the red calipers. Nissan threw in a free Tribos treatment, too early to say whether it works longer term, but so far so good.

TRIBOS!!!!!!! I was just asking about that! :) ... Any first impressions

Agree can't hurt. These micro coatings attract a bit of a 'marmite' reaction on car forums - I probably wouldnt have bothered if it hadnt been 'free' - they even did my glass and interior. Very professional guys.

Here's a better sized pic. More later.

When I looked at the picture you put on pistonheads (same pic as on here) I thought it was white but In fading light, Hope to see it in the flesh at some point, I would think silver will be very very rare, :)

When I looked at the picture you put on pistonheads (same pic as on here) I thought it was white but In fading light, Hope to see it in the flesh at some point, I would think silver will be very very rare, :)

But rare to me says unpopular, which in turn says no demand. The more common the colour, the more popular and more likely to sell on surely?

Well you pays your money and make your choice, I think what ever colour you have it will always be very rare, (Which suits me) Did you order a black one in the end ?

Yep as I couldn't find one for sale ANYWHERE! so that contradicts my point above haha!!