370 Nismo. What U think

Dicky

£20 Colin..... :lol:

Sent from the golf club...

Just waiting for someone to spot my deliberate mistake (now corrected) :D

Damn should have asked to borrow £20 in Wales :lol:

no wonder you didn't use any fuel either :wacko:

I much prefer the lines of the 350Z which flow a lot more than the 370. The 370 is too angular for my taste, whereas the 350 has lines that flow and are more rounded, especially the boot. The boot on the 370 looks like its been drawn with a ruler and looks odd. Give me the bodyshape of the 350Z any day of the week.

I much prefer the lines of the 350Z which flow a lot more than the 370. The 370 is too angular for my taste, whereas the 350 has lines that flow and are more rounded, especially the boot. The boot on the 370 looks like its been drawn with a ruler and looks odd. Give me the bodyshape of the 350Z any day of the week.

Agree :)

I think it's fair to say that those of us who have the Nismo are very happy with it. The in your face nature of the car is exactly what appeals to us. I get more of a kick out of driving it and looking at it than I did either of my previous 370s. I can appreciate that some people might not like the styling, but I don't think the 'boy racer' criticism really holds up if you see the car in the flesh. To me 'boy racer' = cheap looking after-market mods. The Nismo doesn't look like that at all. Here's a pic of mine for those that do like em :) (I was mucking around with the edit function on my Ipad hence the slightly odd exposure). Reactions I've had from people who've actually seen the car have been incredibly positive. It needed some help to sound like it should but the Stillen exhaust and Cobra cats have sorted that out.

Nismo66_zps9bc6c034.jpg

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

I can't see what's not to like its beautiful, each to their own sipar69 congratulations on an incredible machine

Thanks :) I'm into all the Zs personally. Never had a 350 but like them a lot. And the 370. All great cars if you ask me.

Edited by sipar69

It's the droopy, sad duck-face of the 370ZN that offends me the most. It's like a bad Veilside copy.

Wheels are nice though.

Sorry Sipar69, I don't mean to keep slating the looks of your car, I'm just frustrated that the 370ZN mk1 wasn't more appealing to me. Totally selfish, I know, but there you go.

It's the droopy, sad duck-face of the 370ZN that offends me the most. It's like a bad Veilside copy.

Wheels are nice though.

Sorry Sipar69, I don't mean to keep slating the looks of your car, I'm just frustrated that the 370ZN mk1 wasn't more appealing to me. Totally selfish, I know, but there you go.

But yet so much more character than a Porsche... But there you go

I really liked the new nismo until I seen that virtually the whole US Nissan range is getting the same treatment.

I seen a photo of a dog ugly saloon, or should I say sedan, with the same style front bumper complete with the red splitters. It really put me off.

I think it would have been good if they kept the new styling just for the Z and GTR. Sadly it seems Nissan have similar plans for the nismo badge to what BMW had with the M badge. Not good IMO, but good for their overall business I suppose.

As for a 350z having more character than a 911...............not a chance.

I really liked the new nismo until I seen that virtually the whole US Nissan range is getting the same treatment.

I seen a photo of a dog ugly saloon, or should I say sedan, with the same style front bumper complete with the red splitters. It really put me off.

I think it would have been good if they kept the new styling just for the Z and GTR. Sadly it seems Nissan have similar plans for the nismo badge to what BMW had with the M badge. Not good IMO, but good for their overall business I suppose.

In your opinion

Exactly. But you don't see me spending my days on a Porsche forum telling people how much I dislike their cars.

No, but you do see me offering my opinion on cars on any forum when asked :thumbs:

I love the 350Z, I like the exterior of the 370Z, I dislike the 370ZN mk1 with a passion, and I love the 370ZN mk2.

Exactly. But you don't see me spending my days on a Porsche forum telling people how much I dislike their cars.

No, but you do see me offering my opinion on cars on any forum when asked :thumbs:

I love the 350Z, I like the exterior of the 370Z, I dislike the 370ZN mk1 with a passion, and I love the 370ZN mk2.

I often see your opinions. Just never seen a positive post from you for a Z in the few years I have been on this forum. Maybe I haven't been looking hard enough

No, you really haven't.

If you search for my name and 350Z, you get 122 hits. Do it with Porsche, and you get 53. Granted, that doesn't tell you anything about positive or negative comments, but I'm willing to bet you'll struggle to find a single post from me slagging off the 350Z, barring the pre-facelift interior which was gash. Other than that, it's a stunning car which currently sits on my list of cars to buy next (preferably a HR in Temper, if you must know).

Honestly, some people see what they want to see on here at times.

• Like 1

Sounds like WINKJ has a 370N purchase on the horizon.............that he's defending before he's got it? ;)

Anyone that has one is likely to love it, but as Colin said, is it worth £20k extra over his white 370z??

Personally, on the white cars I hate the black skirts and the droopy front bumper....

• Like 1

In your opinion

I'd honestly say in 99.9% of people's opinion.

I love my 350z but it isn't a 911.

I don't really mind if people don't like the Nismo. I don't like quite a lot of supposedly desirable cars, e.g. BMW M cars..

I just thought I'd join in this thread to point out that I absolutely love it and, from what I've seen, other Nismo owners who've moved from 350s or 370s seem to feel the same. If someone started a thread on the 370 part of the forum just to point how much they dislike the 350 people would be on there pointing out how much they like their 350s (and I'd be agreeing with them) :)

Personal opinions are just that, although I don't take the 'boy racer' description seriously. I'm 45 and far from a show-off or flash person. If I'd thought for one second the car looked 'boy racer' when I saw it I'd never have bought it. Again, some may not like the front end. I think it flows very nicely - much getter than the busy front end of the newer U.S. variant.

Whether it's worth the money over the standard 370 is also a matter of personal opinion and depends on the circumstances. My previous 370 was £25k. I paid an extra £8k for this one and got a part ex price I was very happy with on the old one. Some people have argued that the Nismo pricing is getting into GTR territory but that just doesn't stack up. If you look at prices on Autotrader, there are very few sub-£40k GTRs and I'd be wary of those cars. £45k - £50k is a more realistic price for a half decent GTR in the UK.

To me, the Nismo was absolutely worth it. And I honestly believe that, like other Zs, it's looks and drives like a car that costs a lot more than it actually does :)

Edited by sipar69

I can't say that any of the Zeds are "boy racer cars". I was under the impression a boy racer car was something that was all mouth and no trousers. A Nova with a cherry bomb. A pug 1.1 with one of the Titanic's chimneys for an exhaust. Not the Zed, it's too classy. Having said that, I quite like the 370 Nismo. yes, it is a bit " in ya face" but no more than most other cars that are the sports option of a model, apart from the M series which is discreet in my opinion.

• Like 1

I don't really mind if people don't like the Nismo. I don't like quite a lot of supposedly desirable cars, e.g. BMW M cars..

I just thought I'd join in this thread to point out that I absolutely love it and, from what I've seen, other Nismo owners who've moved from 350s or 370s seem to feel the same. If someone started a thread on the 370 part of the forum just to point how much they dislike the 350 people would be on there pointing out how much they like their 350s (and I'd be agreeing with them) :)

Personal opinions are just that, although I don't take the 'boy racer' description seriously. I'm 45 and far from a show-off or flash person. If I'd thought for one second the car looked 'boy racer' when I saw it I'd never have bought it. Again, some may not like the front end. I think it flows very nicely - much getter than the busy front end of the newer U.S. variant.

Whether it's worth the money over the standard 370 is also a matter of personal opinion and depends on the circumstances. My previous 370 was £25k. I paid an extra £8k for this one and got a part ex price I was very happy with on the old one. Some people have argued that the Nismo pricing is getting into GTR territory but that just doesn't stack up. If you look at prices on Autotrader, there are very few sub-£40k GTRs and I'd be wary of those cars. £45k - £50k is a more realistic price for a half decent GTR in the UK.

To me, the Nismo was absolutely worth it. And I honestly believe that, like other Zs, it's looks and drives like a car that costs a lot more than it actually does :)

Quite right, you like it and that is all the matters.

I Iooked at one before I bought my GT, and it convinced me I wanted a 370. Not so sure on Nismo extras and the cost so went for the GT. Also meant I could get my favourite midnight blue which was a bonus.

It is human nature to feel slightly affronted when people don't like your pride and joy. Bet it doesn't stop you smiling every time you start her up. :)

• Like 2