370 Nismo. What U think

Dicky

Am I the only one who feels more than happy I've still got my 350 after viewing this new car. IMO it's trying to hard, has boy racer written all over it and to me harkens back to the styling the Japaneses used to believe us westerners like. Looks like something the Chinese might produce for the western market.

Yes you've guessed I HATE IT and will be hanging on to the better designed, more sleek and desirable 350.

NEW ISNT ALWAYS BETTER

• Like 2

I like it, I didn't like the mk1 370 nismo to begin with but it has definitely grown on me

Are you comparing a 350 nismo to a 370 nismo or just a 350 ?

I'm sure put side by side the 370 would look like it was shaped with a samurai sword and the 350 with a jelly mould

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 3

I like the mark 1 370z Nismo, looks like a Super GT car, which is what I want if I buy a Japanese sports coupe styled by their in house motorsport arm! The mk 2 370z Nismo looks a lot more sophisticated, all fancy aero work and cooling ducts. Looks more like a high end European car, like a Ferrari or an Aston. Its a nice look don't get me wrong, but its moving away from the Japanese BGW and bodykit styling ethos.

• Like 1

The MKII will look a lot better in few years.

They always tend to do so I find, most new cars do.

Even more so tuner house cars.

FWIW I don't understand why Nissan dropped the BGW from the MKII, maybe for better visibility ?? Not sure but I like the silly wings on tuner cars.

FWIW2 both these Nismo editions don't offer enough of a performance increase for me to consider, that's not to say I don't fined them desirable, it's just not enough for me to even consider upgrading at the current costs involved.

FWIW I don't understand why Nissan dropped the BGW from the MKII, maybe for better visibility ?? Not sure but I like the silly wings on tuner cars.

FWIW2 both these Nismo editions don't offer enough of a performance increase for me to consider, that's not to say I don't fined them desirable, it's just not enough for me to even consider upgrading at the current costs involved.

Agree about the performance increases. I'd like Abbey to get hold of one and see if there anything more to get out of it with an UpRev.

Agree about the performance increases. I'd like Abbey to get hold of one and see if there anything more to get out of it with an UpRev.

Iirc mark said it essentially has an uprev already when someone asked about their nismo

Maybe some mods and live mapping could release a bit more ??

Iirc mark said it essentially has an uprev already when someone asked about their nismo

Maybe a TURBO could release a LOT more :thumbs:

Maybe a TURBO could release a LOT more :thumbs:

Just one ? Oh I see... Thinking of economy :lol:

• Like 1

I'm just comparing my 350 GT that I have ( didn't know there was a 350 Nismo ) to the 370 Nismo. I thought the 370 design was a bit of a backward step but this Nismo goes even further back IMO

Your right I am getting old but age doesn't dull your appreciation of beauty and sleek looks (ask Rolf Harris ha ha).

Yeah it's a case of horses for courses but If a new 350'was standing beside a new 370 Nismo I'd pick up the keys to the former.

• Like 2

I didn't like the 370z when It first came out, Nismo or standard, always preferred the 350z. I have to say (as much as I love my 350) that the 370z would definitely by my first choice funds permitting. In think that despite looking great, they are getting a tad dated IMO. My main 'issue' is the increasing amount of chaved up 350's I've been noticing recently. As the older/higher mileage models fall on price 'dazza the geeza' wants to wack a tacky tribal motif/big spoiler on the back. I die a little when mates point at a particularly naff one and go 'isn't that what you've got'.

But I am of course a bit of a snob...

• Like 1

Prefer the wolf in sheep clothing to be honest. Nismo is just too in your face for me.

Plus. I would have to fork out another £20k for a Nismo that has roughly the same power output as my present upreved 370 and doesn't have an exhaust note to match the Stillen I have.

Now for a lot, lot less than £20k I could upgrade suspension & brakes and s/c (as Darren-B has done) and have a stonking 450bhp - a 100bhp or so more than the Nismo. And it would still look the same externally to most eyes. Darren did make the point to me in Wales that in his opinion (and I highly respect his judgement) anything more than 450bhp is really of little use on the road.

Just saying........

I'm just comparing my 350 GT that I have ( didn't know there was a 350 Nismo ) to the 370 Nismo. I thought the 370 design was a bit of a backward step but this Nismo goes even further back IMO

Your right I am getting old but age doesn't dull your appreciation of beauty and sleek looks (ask Rolf Harris ha ha).

Yeah it's a case of horses for courses but If a new 350'was standing beside a new 370 Nismo I'd pick up the keys to the former.

Have you seen the 2015 370z Nismo? It might be a little more to your taste, but it won't be coming out over here.

Don't forget that the real 350z Nismo was in your face also, including a park bench for a rear bumper.

The Nismos we have here are not Nismos, but simply a Nismo kit.

They 50 and 70 Nismos are track focused and so "need" the big wing and in your face styling :)

• Like 1