Supplies arrived - The Reveal.....

ioneabee

Have you missed a bit at the bottom ?

undoubtedly :lol:

That is surprising since I would have guessed you would have missed a few bits on the top, being hard to reach and all that. :stir:

Looks good though. What stickers you gonna put back? Nissan ones?

• Like 1

Do you need me to cut you some new decals to go on them?

yes please - but need to wait to make sure that the colour survives the heat

Have you missed a bit at the bottom ?

undoubtedly :lol:

That is surprising since I would have guessed you would have missed a few bits on the top, being hard to reach and all that. :stir:

Looks good though. What stickers you gonna put back? Nissan ones?

I'll have you know I used a skirting board ladder

re the decals - see above - undecided what yet

I've heard they can reach upto around 400 deg C :scare: under heavy sustained use - hence I'll find out for sure when we hit North Wales (unless I follow Colin - 'cos he doesn't use his breaks at all B) )

I've heard they can reach upto around 400 deg C :scare: under heavy sustained use - hence I'll find out for sure when we hit North Wales (unless I follow Colin - 'cos he doesn't use his breaks at all B) )

Those temps may be applicable to the discs but I'm sure calipers don't sustain those temps unless in a warm climate on a track day with sustained use

I use vht as a primer because it's powdery and gives a good key for the gloss

It's difficult to do and not have to claybar the overspray :(

Edited by GIXXERUK

Do you need me to cut you some new decals to go on them?

Looks good. Re the decals, have a look at Wizurd's , I put VHT clear laquer over them to protect them and they seem to be holding up 18 months later.

Edited by leonk

Gorgeous colour, great job! :thumbs:

Regarding the temps, you should be okay, as long as you stay away from sustained heavy braking at speed (eg track work). Temp ranges of primer and clear coat won't make any difference as they don't insulate from heat.

Gorgeous colour, great job! :thumbs:

Regarding the temps, you should be okay, as long as you stay away from sustained heavy braking at speed (eg track work). Temp ranges of primer and clear coat won't make any difference as they don't insulate from heat.

I suppose I really knew there were no insulating properties - it was just my way saying "sod it", "go for it" :blush:

• Like 2