Pappa's got a brand new Datsun!! Infiniti G37S (Pic heavy)

stanski

Hi everyone after much deliberation my quest for fun plus family friendly car has successfully become a reality!

I picked up this little gem last Friday. Infinity G37S Premium edition in Malbec Black! (Black with purple /pink specs and a purple tint laquer - looks fab in the sun, black rest of the time)

IMGP5180_zps8af65895-1.jpg

Its an ex demo almost 2 years old with 8000 on the clock, its almost brand new a few paint scuffs as expected but otherwise mint.

I am sure you can google the full spec on these but in short.

Its effectively a 370Z drive train and engine, 350z floorpan, 7 speed auto box with sport and manual override , flappy paddles too,

The only optional extra is this pearl paint everything else is standard kit.

Rear wheel steer,swivelling headlights, conventional and intelligent cruise (ie lets you stay a set distance from car in front etc- will never use it), leather interior, SATNAV, radio, cd , USB socket, photo connections for multimedia devices to play on high def screen, buletooth, heated seats, climate control, front and rear lady beepers, reversing camera, folding mirrors, auto sliding open/close front seats, memory set for seats, mirrors, steering etc etc you know the kind of thing! If its electric and costs a fortune on a Merc is standard here!

I have not driven a 370 but I guess it sounds and feels the same, its supposed to be 0-60 in 5.9 secs but good grief does it feel fast. It can be a purring kitten in stop start and city traffic or a bat out of hell with a hot chilli up its backside when you want it to. I am getting addicted to Drive Sport mode which really is entertaining.

The best bit is nobody knows what it is and its very understated the best Hyundai/Kia you will ever see hahaha! :lol:

I dont know how you boys with BBS alloys get on cleaning but today I tried to clean mine quickly good grief what a faff!

So it handles very well, its like driving my 350z all over again but with the added bonus of a reasonable size boot and 2 rear seats. Ok the rear seats are full adult sized and comfy - I tried them but you need to be 4 foot nothing to sit in them, hence perfect for my 4 year old. she loves pressing the auto in/out seat sliding button! B)

The boot is big enough for a week away realistically but as there are only 3 of us , we can also use the space behind drivers seat.

The fit and finish is superb as it should be for a £46K price tag when new (yes I know!! :surrender: )Even the bumper tint matches the body :lol:

The interior quality is fantastic for a Jap car, yes I recognise a few Zed switches here and there but mostly well executed. Not much silver sprayed plastic but real metal. At night the interior switches etc are illuminated in an ultraviolet colour which is fantastic. I also love the rear double round LED lights , even though its got a fat bum I do like it.

You even get a space saver - actually I wonder if it will fit 370z's? Let me know what dimensions you need to avoid caliper catching and I will measure it for you? I know Colin uses a 350z tyre with spacers, this might save you the messing?

Fuel wise - I am roughly getting 20-26 around town and 33 on a run - I am mostly on the motorway so hope to get better than that , just early days where we are getting used to each other.

So its not cheap , its as expensize as a Zed to run, insure tax etc but like the Zed it makes me smile the minute I open the door.

When I picked it up it took me 6.5 hours to get home due to motorway roadworks etc and when I got out I was not fatigued in any way so a great long distance cruiser.

Servicing same as 370z I think every 9000 miles and probably same expensive prices.

If you want a car that still makes you smile but also provides adequate space for children this is it. There is a massive amount of legroom even with the front seats set further back.

Obviously normal people will buy the usual German marques however as good as they may be , not all of us want to be in the same boring crowd.

I have been very impressed with this car and the way I was treated at the Infiniti dealers. I honestly dont want to lose this one, but if I had to change I would consider another Infiniti , lets hope they make a success in the UK.

I am just glad to be back with a 350z cousin again. Hopefully we can pop over to a meet sometime if I ever get some spare time!

Enjoy the pics.

IMGP5163_zps035f6353.jpg

IMGP5172_zps1e1bf579.jpg

IMGP5168_zpsb559bce5.jpg

IMGP5166_zpsa0a754a5.jpg

IMGP5161_zps0273e40e.jpg

IMGP5160_zps2b079cfa.jpg

IMGP5159_zps96011bb1.jpg

IMGP5158_zpsd7da490b.jpg

IMGP5157_zpsfcc63085.jpg

IMGP5156_zps6d332254.jpg

IMGP5155_zps28ab4ba0.jpg

IMGP5154_zpsc443b279.jpg

You cant really see the purple colour I really love it - didn't know this until I saw it the first time at the dealers thought it was just black

IMGP5174_zps12a02a80.jpg

Edited by stanski

Thanks everyone very kind of you. (Its better in the flesh , especially the interior looks a bit dull in photos)

Alex we have not ventured to Scotland this year yet (but when we do , we will have to pop over and see you, so you can cast your professional eye over it! :)

Very nice mate iv got a soft spot for these. Love how they look like they're on the move when still

Interesting what you think about it's German rivals. I thought it was just as tight to drive as a beemer which for me his a huge compliment. Much better than any Audi iv driven

Nissan have a few colours like this- is it the same as the qashqai colour?

Very nice mate iv got a soft spot for these. Love how they look like they're on the move when still

Interesting what you think about it's German rivals. I thought it was just as tight to drive as a beemer which for me his a huge compliment. Much better than any Audi iv driven

Nissan have a few colours like this- is it the same as the qashqai colour?

I am just not into BMW, AUDI, MERC, VW I spend so much of my time on the road its just a sea of them, I am sure they are all excellent cars but not for me too dull and even though people winge about JAP car interiors some of the German stuff looks like it was made from 1980's computer keyboard plastic! Hahaa

I am just weird at the end of the day ;) I am sure the G37 will wee on a lot of other well known and established brand shall we say ;)

I dont know if Cahscows have a similar colour, but it was a nice surprise when I turned up to view it that it wasn't just flat black (I keep saying I will never buy another black car but here I go again!)

Edited by stanski

The newer version of my car! Nice! Iv always wanted to see one of these modded... will be watching.. B)

I originally looked for G35's but they are all autos and silver so I gave up and looked a bit further afield, then I end up getting an auto but I am converted ! fab box!

Modding me - erm no no I like them factory - well maybe.....

• Like 1

only thing with the interior did they borrow that clock from a mondeo :p

i love the paint tho thats something special

Haha funny you should say that - its very similar to the Chrysler 300C I used to have as soon as I got in that was the first thing it reminded me of! I dont know why manufacturers still like analogue clocks like this but I suppose it breaks up the dash a bit ! It looks great at night illuminated

Really nice looking car, love the rear on these and the paint is awesome. Only thing I'm not really sold on is the front, looks a little mainstream Japanese modern saloon.

I know what you mean I preferred the G35's front but I tend to like the backsides on cars more than the fronts anyway so not a big deal - getting used to it now. Like I said very generic front but easy to wash I might add, very slinky shape to clean.

only thing with the interior did they borrow that clock from a mondeo :p

i love the paint tho thats something special

Haha funny you should say that - its very similar to the Chrysler 300C I used to have as soon as I got in that was the first thing it reminded me of! I dont know why manufacturers still like analogue clocks like this but I suppose it breaks up the dash a bit ! It looks great at night illuminated

i think its because it looks 'Classy' and up market

The newer version of my car! Nice! Iv always wanted to see one of these modded... will be watching.. B)

I originally looked for G35's but they are all autos and silver so I gave up and looked a bit further afield, then I end up getting an auto but I am converted ! fab box!

Modding me - erm no no I like them factory - well maybe.....

Tell me about it! Took me months of scouting till I could find a manual! :surrender: