Alfa GTV to 350z? Should I or Shouldn't I?

Hi All, first post into this forum.

Currently a proud owner of an Alfa Romeo GTV V6. Have had 4 years of constant smiles with the Alfa. Despite what everybody says they are very good and reliable cars if looked after well.

Always had a soft spot for the 350z, am now considering purchasing one! So thought I would join up and get some thoughts from you all and go from there. . .

Attached are a couple of pictures of the Alfa. Would be really interested in anyones views of a potential move from the GTV to 350z. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, good or bad.

Thanks

post-21690-0-76766300-1391983331_thumb.jpg

post-21690-0-12286300-1391983334_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Firstly that is one of the nicest Alfa GTV's I've seen and I really like the colour/wheels/exhaust etc.

Although on paper the 350Z is definitely better performance wise there isn't a lot between the two really. Imo though the 350Z is definitely a better looking car and so far I have found my own Zed to be reliable with performance I'm very pleased with.

Sometimes it's just nice to have a change and I'd have to say the 350 is a great car to own so should make a worthy replacement for your Alfa. :thumbs:

Yea nice Alfa

I moved from a 156 to a Zed in 2004 ... never regretted it but I still might go back to Alfa ... you'll do a few more MPG in a Zed and with the right 'zorst, the sound will be as nice

Thanks for info ex Alfa owner. Currently got a Supersprint Exhaust and CDA and love the noise from the Alfa, like you said get the right exhaust and sure it will sound great too. Do many 350z owners have a CDA? What Alfa may you go back to? :D

That Alfa is awesome.

Thanks fella :)

Welcome to the Forum.. :welcome:

Cheers :)

Welcome aboard. :welcome:

Firstly that is one of the nicest Alfa GTV's I've seen and I really like the colour/wheels/exhaust etc.

Although on paper the 350Z is definitely better performance wise there isn't a lot between the two really. Imo though the 350Z is definitely a better looking car and so far I have found my own Zed to be reliable with performance I'm very pleased with.

Sometimes it's just nice to have a change and I'd have to say the 350 is a great car to own so should make a worthy replacement for your Alfa. :thumbs:

Thanks for the nice comments, I also think its one of the nicer GTV's. I think you have summed up my thoughts perfectly. It is a change I am after, nothing wrong with the Alfa, just feel lke something different. Performance wise think you are right, not much in it. But RWD could be a little more fun . . . :teeth:

The 350 is my first RWD after having lot's of FWD car's and an Impreza 4WD and the Zed really inspires confidence imo. I thought it may be a bit like a scene from "Tokyo Drift" every time I drove it in the wet or went a bit quick around a corner but it's really not. Obviously I have good tyres on my car but most people who like their cars usually do. ;)

Have a look here for some more info when/if you do start looking; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/ :thumbs:

:welcome: Great looking GTV. Both my past Alfas were fantastic and I loved them (albeit neither were V6). Also drove a 147GTA - when I was considering my latest purchase. In the end I decided on the Zed.

The Zed is a very good all rounder with very few downsides. Even with a Q2 diff or similar it is difficult for the Alfas to match the inherent benefits and feel of RWD. You can also get the V6 to sound pretty good, albeit in a creamy sort of way.

Welcome to the forum. That is one hell of a Tidy Alpha you have there and it looks, judging by the condition of it that you really look after your vehicles and that being the case I would say that the Zed is the car for you. All cars have their foibles and slightly rough edges but since I bought mine a couple of years ago I've had nothing but smiles, the only problem being the drivers door window motor failing on me. If you can find one with few owners a full history and fairly low miles at the right price for you then I'd jump in with both feet and buy one, it'll give you miles of fun.

Thanks for all the nice comments about the Alfa. Yes I do look after my cars, I love driving and cars so always feels good to look after them. Anything that needs doing gets done and to a high spec. Important probably more so with Alfa than Nissan as the Nissan is probably more reliable. The 350 club also seem a like minded bunch of people who have a passion for there cars, so looks like I would move from one cult to another. (If I move!)

From the comments it would seem the move from a GTV to a 350z would be a good one. I drove one on the weekend, It was comforatable and ride was less harsh than in the Alfa, the power was great, although I did find it very linea with the power. Constant power, but no punches like you get at 4,000 and 5,600 rpm on the Alfa V6. Over all I did like it alot. Hence why the move to a Z is under consideration. . . . :blush: