New 350z Owner (albeit with initial ssues)

BennyZ

new owner of a 53' zed in orange. Whilst I have had some initial issues with the car which I'm currently rectifiying (misfire with oil in 2x spark plug chambers); my brief driving experience has been fanstastic even with the small window of full performance it has left me with a permanent smile.

Not looking to do any crazy mod's to be fair, some minor cosmetic tweaks potentially however once I have her in full working order and sneaking of sunshine I will get some photos.

Have found this forum massively useful already and look forward to engrossing further.

Says this:

Not looking to do any crazy mod's to be fair, some minor cosmetic tweaks potentially however once I have her in full working order and sneaking of sunshine I will get some photos.

It will turn into this:

Not looking to do any minor cosmetic tweaks to be fair, some crazy mod's potentially however once I have her in full working order.

Welcome :)

thanks all for the welcome.

I had the misfire and replaced all the plugs and noticed the 2 plugs swimming in oil. The car ran like a dream and it was only a matter of time until the oil seeped back in.

KyleR - Unfortunately they are the 2 plugs opposing each other at the rear of the engine (nearest the bulkead, I'm unsure which cylinder number reference these?)

So that's 2 covers and 2 gasket seals and then 2 new coil packs for good measure incase the existing ones are damaged from the oil (unless anyone has any tips on best ways to clean the oil off them)

Been in contact with ZMANALEX and discussing products. Having that driving experience after changing the plugs is spurring me on for the fix rather than deliberating on the negatives, things happen!

AliveBoy - had the car a number of weeks now and I would be lieing if the quality of some of the zeds on this forum has not got my imagination going and a few hours spent "window shopping"

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are finally back in business!

Cam covers & Spark Plugs DONE

photo_zps7ed29bbf.jpg

Injectors DONE

image1_zps56e4395a.jpeg

Its amazing what an unskilled mechanic can do with a lot of patience, swearing and a extremely friendly and useful forum, can do!!! (thanks all) So officially can I join the Z club???

image_zpsf5d14681.jpeg

• Like 1