Illegal or not? No fuddy duddies please

Dblock

So I would like to know if the picture of the exhaust is legal or Illegal for A. Passing an MOT and B. lets say I was pulled over by the polce and they noticed this.

BEFORE YOU REPLY, I don't care if you like it or how YOU think it looks. Keep it to yourself move on because I don't care. I only want to know if it is legal or not.

:)

THANK YOU

933142-2.jpg

• Like 1

I'm no expert, but can only offer my opinion.

With regards to police, it might get you attention, bur I don't think they would do much other look elsewhere.

However I don't think Mr MOT would like it in principle. As it could come under the "sharp object or projection" category, especially as this projection can get really hot. (They always seem to liken t to people walking by and could catch themselves on it) However I think some places would overlook this and some may give you an advisory as bit if a grey area. Best bet is to go in and ask. But I think you'll get away with it personally.

Sorry if that doesn't really help. I think you will get varied answers.

If it was Diesel it would fail immediately as they must point downward.

As above it would probably fail for being obtrusive.

It would also fail for rear the rear wheels being cambered so far.

As well as the MOT man would laugh and say its @*!#.

Really? Thats an MOT failure? It looks like the outer most edge of the tip is about flush with the black part of the bumper so may fall into a grey area of protruding outside the bumper and therefore no one could catch or burn themselves on it. Walking past a car with side exits would probably cause more issue.

^^ May well be illegal too. Just maybe... :dry::lol:

Just say you bought the exhaust from a scania by accident :lol:

To be honest, you'd have to get a pretty to the line mot tester for them to fail you. I'd say in the line of "illegalness" it's less severe than cats out as it's down to personal interpretation unlike cats which are illegal if removed.