My daughter is a grass

corky1967

I've just been pulled by the police it was 9 o'clock I'd been to pick my daughter up from her school disco I was going though a built up area so I put my foot down a little bit, as I came around the corner two coppers flagged me over he said by the sound of that you were going over 30mph I'm tried to explain that it sounds faster than what it was actually going, then my 9 year old daughter said he was doing 49mph and also he doesn't wear a seat belt. They let me go and told me to slow down I wish it wasn't a joke but I have a grass for a daughter.

• Like 1

Wait is this a joke or did this just happen lol, my head hurts working this out :(

:lol: I think it actually happened but the jokes supposed to be that his daughter is actually a grass.

No offence intended corky1967 but it sounds like your driving attitude could do with a little adjustment although you have raised a good girl which is a credit to you. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Wait is this a joke or did this just happen lol, my head hurts working this out :(

:lol: I think it actually happened but the jokes supposed to be that his daughter is actually a grass.

No offence intended corky1967 but it sounds like your driving attitude could do with a little adjustment although you have raised a good girl which is a credit to you. :thumbs:

Yes she is a good girl she was only doing the right thing, but it did make me laugh, I now know to stick to the speed limits and wear a seat belt when she's with me.

• Like 1

Yes she is a good girl she was only doing the right thing, but it did make me laugh, I now know to stick to the speed limits and wear a seat belt when she's with me.

kids are great aren't they ?

Oh the moral police on their high horse are already here. Good.

What would you rather people say? "snitches get stiches" or something to that effect? :yawn:

For one I honestly cannot understand why people do not wear there seat belts as they are life savers.

For two ~ everybody speeds = fact, ...but pushing almost 50 in a 30 zone is a bit ott imo.

kids are great aren't they ?

Yes they are and then they tell there mother, no secrets in our house

We HAVE all been there, despite what most would say, but on the seatbelt thing... WEAR IT. Saved my life when I was 18 when my friend (newly passed) decided to take his sporty hatch over 100 and crashed into a field rolling over with me and another for company. I was in the front passenger seat. Knob (my mate that is) lol. Having said that my other mates life was saved in a 'bubble' Corsa as he didn't wear it, the way the car crushed meant he fell out the seat away from danger. Meh... but wear it! lol Good on your daughter for the belt! :lol:

Edited by AMT

We HAVE all been there, despite what most would say,

No, we haven't. There is zero excuse for doing 50 in a 30, end of.

9PM. Pitch black. School disco near by, so very real likelihood of lots of kids around. Conditions not great. That kind of driving falls well short of what would be expected by a competent driver. I'm not having a go at the OP for being honest (in fact he should be applauded, too many people try to make excuses) and yeah, the kid aspect is quite humorous, but I personally cannot look at that set of circumstances and just laugh it off.

If people want to do 100mph on the motorways or similar speeds on well sighted roads, then that's their prerogative. Not something I'd do, but I don't see a massive amount of harm in it at all. However, 50 in a 30 is almost never acceptable, and certainly not in a built up area on a winter night when there's kids around.

:lol: my first thought.

Guy posts up honest story with no excuses....gets called out on it.

So are all supposed to just have a good laugh because nobody was harmed in the making of this amusing story :shrug:

Some are over the top on here though, I am sure they get a sweat on when they do 32 in a 30 :scare:

I think I just don't understand WHY people post these kind of stories....

1. To warn others - doubtfull, but if so then fair play

2. To look funny and amuse others - you deserve all the flack and more in my book as you are a complete ***** and should have just told your mates down the pub...

Can't think of any other reason...

Sent from the golf club...

Amuseses me when people get on their judgmental soap boxes when somebody posts something like this on a car forum where most spend thousands trying to make their cars go faster, and only a fraction of them ever see a track, yet I see plenty of comment about how they are quite happy to exceed the national speed limit on an open road, or talk about the odd crafty drift.

• Like 1

:lol: my first thought.

Guy posts up honest story with no excuses....gets called out on it.

So are all supposed to just have a good laugh because nobody was harmed in the making of this amusing story :shrug:

Some are over the top on here though, I am sure they get a sweat on when they do 32 in a 30 :scare:

I think I just don't understand WHY people post these kind of stories....

1. To warn others - doubtfull, but if so then fair play

2. To look funny and amuse others - you deserve all the flack and more in my book as you are a complete ***** and should have just told your mates down the pub...

Can't think of any other reason...

Sent from the golf club...

Not saying its right mate. Its just funny how people go straight for the throat when he's not even bragging.

• Like 1