F-Type R

spursmaddave

Jag are making some seriously nice cars these days. I take it that's the 5l supercharged v8? Imagine that in roadster form with some decats and a remap. Would be one if the best convertibles around on par with a DBS volante imo

wonderful looking things! Keep it up for Britain jaguar

Jag are making some seriously nice cars these days. I take it that's the 5l supercharged v8? Imagine that in roadster form with some decats and a remap. Would be one if the best convertibles around on par with a DBS volante imo

wonderful looking things! Keep it up for Britain jaguar

Anyone else not think the V8 with valves open is just a bit too much? I've been up close & personal with one of these on full chat and it's just utterly, utterly ridiculous - like an artillery company is firing a salvo from the rear of your car. It's too loud, not nice and to my ears actually sounds rather "synthetic". Are they using sound generating jiggery-pokery back there?

Maserati V8 for noise, please :)

• Like 1

Anyone else not think the V8 with valves open is just a bit too much? I've been up close & personal with one of these on full chat and it's just utterly, utterly ridiculous - like an artillery company is firing a salvo from the rear of your car. It's too loud, not nice and to my ears actually sounds rather "synthetic". Are they using sound generating jiggery-pokery back there?

I think thats why the V6 S is the model of choice 95% of the performance, better balance and not so OTT...

Who wouldn't love that V8 for a weekend car though :shrug:

Sent from the golf club...

Completely agree, even down to the Maser comment.

As a bit of noise to advertise with, it clearly does the job. However, imagine popping to the shops in that, and it making all that racket: It's going to get embarrassing and irritating after a while. We all like a good bit of sound, but that's just daft. Aston has got the balance right in the V8V, Jag just going for OTT.

Completely agree, even down to the Maser comment.

As a bit of noise to advertise with, it clearly does the job. However, imagine popping to the shops in that, and it making all that racket: It's going to get embarrassing and irritating after a while. We all like a good bit of sound, but that's just daft. Aston has got the balance right in the V8V, Jag just going for OTT.

I believe it has an adjustable exhaust valve, could be wrong but I'm sure I read that somewhere.... and to be honest if I had best part of £100k to buy a V8 F-Type R then I would be popping to the shops in my RRS so that I had ample space for all the shopping :p

I do agree though, call me old but I find it hugely embarrassing at Zed meets when people have stupid loud exhausts, I prefer a nice tone and something that woukd make someone look and smile than something that makes people jump and swear and think 'what a ****'

:wheelchair:

I don't see a problem with the sound, if you're going to the shops (or want to be inconspicous) just keeps the revs below 2,500! Or if you want to scare grannies, punch it

One went past me in a small village once and all the old folk though the luftwaffe were back and the spitfires had been despatched :surrender:

• Like 1