Anyone been disappointed with Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

jollyranchers

Well I replaced my tyres with these a few weeks ago , however if i'm honest i'm not that happy with them.

The main complaint being the side walls seem quite soft and where as the Zed used to be flat as anything into the corners with next to no body roll I now feel the car rolling in the corners.

Ive checked the pressures every week and the results are noticeably different to my last budget set.

Yes they are quiet and the grip is noticeably better in the wet ,love the tread pattern however the extra body roll is noticeable

Its seems i'm not alone in my opinion after a quick look on the net

Anyone else find this ?

http://automotivethi...essanta-review/

Edited by jollyranchers

I liked them when I had them but I agree they feel soft especially compared with the Bridgestone RE050s which I run now. I thought the Sessantas gave a lot of feedback which was nice. I would have got another set but they seemed to wear fairly fast.

Can't say I've tried many tyres on the Zed but, If you've not tried them, you might like the Bridgestones if you want a stiffer tyre. More expensive but I find them harder wearing.

I had 2 sets on my RX8 and 2 on my 350z. Never had any reason to dislike them.

The feedback was excellent, and I knew exactly what was going on at all times no matter how spirited my driving was.

I had Tein SuperStreet fitted (to both cars) so suspension was pretty stiff and probs masked any sidewall lean. But to be honest, the grip and feedback, far out weighed any of the negatives a little tyre roll would give.

Had two sets on my last Z, but like Lexx, I had a modified suspension set up, they were allright, wear was probably average, better than the RE050's. You say you've only had them on a short while, are they properly scrubbed in?

Finding that the Bridgestone's on my present Z, very, very good, rears are 285's though and the suspension is, again highly modified (factory).

Never really had a problem with the Bridgestones, either on my RX8, my last Z or this one. I will probably stick with them when the time comes.

I didn't think they where all that tbh. Not as grippy has eagle f1's which to be fair ARE more expensive but the wear was terrible. Like so bad I wouldn't even consider them. I don't drive hard etc etc and my eagle f1's did double the mileage plus the better grip for only a small bit more outlay. No brainer for me tbh.

i found you need to up the tyre pressure to remove some of that tyre roll feel. about 5 PSI above the factory reccomendation

This is the answer, except I found 3psi was enough - otherwise I would agree with the other comments ^^^^ and that they need to be well scrubbed in before pushing the limits.

I'd intended to buy them as my new rear tyres a few months ago, with a view to putting them on the fronts too, at a later date, but when I compared a range of tyres by looking at as many reviews as I could, I was disappointed to find out that they didn't rate very well. So I bought a different brand - Falken 453's, which are nice and stiff on the sidewalls.

As always, match the fronts or change all round. MPSS are expensive, but you more than make your money back in the length of time they'll last you.

The question shouldn't be "What's popular?", the question should be "What do I want from a tyre?". Answer that, and then you can be recommended. Personally I enjoyed the VUS as a hooning tyre since you get masses of communication, although that's offset by lack of grip compared to the 050A or MPSS.

Ive had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2s for about a month now, and already I am very impressed with them. So much adjustability mid corner compared to my previous setup of track-biased Federal 595 RS-R, and grip in the wet (as well as clearing standing water) is on another level. I'm yet to feel the car feel anything other than 100% planted, and I really cant imagine how the MPSS could actually have any more grip.

I found the bridgestones pants -

I also did not like the Bridgestones - I've been on Goodyear Eagle F1s for a couple of years now and I find them very good, quiet, good grip (both in wet and dry) and they've lasted well, even after a couple of track days and 4 laps on the 'Ring in that time

+1 ^ The 40's were shocking in the wet. The VUS's have been great for me (19" rims and standard suspension apart from uprated ARB's). I love the feed back they give, never really noticed the roll problem but that's helped by the ARB's, I run mine at 35psi and they have done some hard work in Wales this year without any dramas at all. I had Falken 452's after the 40's and they were an improvement, the VUS's are an improvement again although I would seriously consider MPSS next time.

I thought the VUS were a great improvement onthe Flakens for grip too.

The falkens never gave me any confidence but the VUS keep me nice and flat in the corners.

My suspension is definately a litlle stiffer but yes the VUS have a touch more roll,but as the Falkens were so much less confidence inspring I don't think its a bad thing - at least I can feel what the car is doing.

Edited by Toon Chris