Tony Gillam and Abbey Motorsport LTD

Mark@Abbey m/s

On the 8th of August we nearly lost the founder of this great family business, Tony had a fairly slow speed off from his motorbike but unfortunately the injuries he received during the accident have meant he is still under hospital care. His true strength and pure grit have brought him back from life threatening injuries.

Abbey Motorsport would sincerely like to thank all their valued customers who have stood by us during this difficult time and kept Tony in their thoughts. We are so very grateful to all the Abbey boys, they have truly pulled together allowing Mark & Sarah valuable time out to spend with their Dad and be there to support him as much as possible.

Abbey Motorsport have a truly great team, thank you all.

Thankfully Tony is improving every day and we are all looking forward to the day he can rejoin us at the workshop, which, he can not wait to do!

Abbey Motorsport is still open for business as usual.

Thanks

Met you all in February this year & a happy professional strong team you were. Loved the history of your company & being a Geordie especially enjoyed your Newcastle United Lister Storm race car stories.

As I am still recovering from a motorcycle accident i had in 2010 i can relate to Tony's current situation, I can assure whilst you think he is strong - that strength is taken from his family, everyone who visits and thats from my personal history. So with that he will be fine.

Thoughts & best wishes to Tony the family & all those who are part of the Abbey team

• 3 weeks later...

Over 8 weeks have passed since Tony my Dad had his accident , he is now home recuperating, still having Physio and therapy session but today was the 1st time he came back to the Abbey Motorsport headquarters;

Made me have a tear in my eye to see him sat at his desk and in the workshop;

He is getting so much better sure it wont be long before he is back in his engine building room.

jugw.jpg

• Like 6