Tony Gillam and Abbey Motorsport LTD

Mark@Abbey m/s

Sorry to fetch up an old thread folks but a few days short of 8 mths from the date

Of my bike accident I thought it was maybe time to tell fellow Skyline enthusiasts where I am in my recovery particularly as I have heard rumours of my permanent retirement!

I suffered a fractured skull,fractured neck as well as several contusions/bleeds to my brain in a relatively low speed accident. I was lucky in that my son was following me and with the help of a passing fireman saved me from choking on my vommit and swallowing my tongue....

When the air ambulance arrived I was quickly diagnosed as having Traumatic Brain Injury and luckily for me was placed in an induced coma very quickly.

This coupled with not having to have any intrusive surgery has unboutable allowed a remarkable recovery!

So at this stage of my recovery I am back at work mostly assembling engines and general duties and have been allowed to drive again and therefore to sample the thrill of these wonderful cars which I have been sampling for 24yrs!

I still like to talk to fellow petrol heads and some of the best therapy I have had is just that! So please drop in for a cuppa and a chat...I will be so pleased to.

see you!

Tony Gillam

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s
  • Like 8

Great recovery tony and you were looking very healthy when I popped in a few weeks back with Rosie.

Enjoyed the chat and wish you all the best in getting back to 100%, and like I said back then it's events like this that make you realise what's important in life - family and friends.

• Like 1