Dipping the interior

3sjr

I went for my full interior including door handles, pulls, centre console etc. I choose a black base with gold carbon overlay and a gold candy to be a bit different.

What ya think ?

IMG_1690_zps7c3ba76d.jpg

IMG_1683_zps5621d7d5.jpg

IMG_1696_zps14edb63f.jpg

IMG_1699_zpsff11c83c.jpg

Chuffed with the results and would recommend to anyone.

• Like 1

Looks awesome mate.

Dipping really is the way go, so much better than carbon wrap. Been meaning to do my interior panels for a while but keep getting sidetracked. You can do it yourself for not huge amounts of money. the misses' Evo has a dipped bonnet, spoiler, interior, wheels.......

Thats the best carbon dip i've seen yet :thumbs:

So let me get this straight. Sanded it down and sprayed black? Just flat black or gloss black?

Then dipped in gold carbon rather than the more usual white one?

Then dipped again in gold candy? I assume the gold candy in 95% clear with just sparkles/flakes?

Really looks great mate, might steal this idea :p

Thanks guy I was a bit dubious about the gold weave but wanted something a bit different and apparently the first person in the uk to have this done according to the business that did it.

Process was : sand down (apparently 350z has a soft touch plastic which is horrible) you need to do this about 3 times laying a coat of primer between. Then I had it sprayed a base coat of gloss black, this needs to be rubbed down again then dipped in a gold print carbon (usually like a grey) this then gets rubbed down again because it gets crap in during the dip. Then finally a coat of candy lacquer then a straight lacquer over the top.

I didn't believe he would do all this work but I was there and fair play to the guy it took a long time.

As for the big question of price we had a pretty damn good deal. Basically me a buddies mustang, my dads gtr and his mates jag all had bits done so we had it cheap that way and then also I'm doing a shoot for his website so knocked off a few more for that so I can't say how much I paid

But the company is

Aquagraphix.co.uk he takes postage items if your far away. Mention my name (Sam) if you want anything done as you get a discount that way also. I believe just your interior done would be in the £300 ball park completely custom with thousands of prints and then any colour/ candy option.

Looks the nuts mate. This carbon business is definitely contagious, I wasn't a fan but I keep seeing very nice examples on here which really lift the, not awesome, Zed plastics. Given the time it must have taken, seems a very fair price.

WAIT. Your saying there are actually a couple Z's this neck of the woods ? Lol.

You lot might also be interested in seeing this then.

I also had my b pillars done, base was nissan azure blue with a silver carbon overlay. (Will be for sale soon as i fancy trying something different) Remember to tell him Sam sent you ;)

IMG_1685_zps43b3e06e.jpg

IMG_1689_zps85c50310.jpg

IMG_1684_zpsf42a8d6f.jpg

• Like 1