Dipping the interior

3sjr

Thanks guy I was a bit dubious about the gold weave but wanted something a bit different and apparently the first person in the uk to have this done according to the business that did it.

Process was : sand down (apparently 350z has a soft touch plastic which is horrible) you need to do this about 3 times laying a coat of primer between. Then I had it sprayed a base coat of gloss black, this needs to be rubbed down again then dipped in a gold print carbon (usually like a grey) this then gets rubbed down again because it gets crap in during the dip. Then finally a coat of candy lacquer then a straight lacquer over the top.

I didn't believe he would do all this work but I was there and fair play to the guy it took a long time.

As for the big question of price we had a pretty damn good deal. Basically me a buddies mustang, my dads gtr and his mates jag all had bits done so we had it cheap that way and then also I'm doing a shoot for his website so knocked off a few more for that so I can't say how much I paid

But the company is

Aquagraphix.co.uk he takes postage items if your far away. Mention my name (Sam) if you want anything done as you get a discount that way also. I believe just your interior done would be in the £300 ball park completely custom with thousands of prints and then any colour/ candy option.

Who does the rubbing and priming? Must say I am very impressed. I like Dip would fancy a tad of red if I went down that road!

If we've got so many welsh lads in this post why are we not meeting! lol

Because everytime I try to arrange anything, nobody this side of the bridge could be arsed to turn up. If you want to take over as the area organizer though your more than welcome :) I don't even have a z anymore :lol:

Interior looks great, I think I'm gonna have to take some Supra & Beemer parts up there :teeth: I didn't realise there was someone so close that could do it

I'm one of those unfortunately. Do appreciate the effort you've made Ian. Last meet I couldn't make because of the yearly meet. There do seem to be loads more zeds in wales than I thought there were.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

But the company is

Aquagraphix.co.uk he takes postage items if your far away. Mention my name (Sam) if you want anything done as you get a discount that way also. I believe just your interior done would be in the £300 ball park completely custom with thousands of prints and then any colour/ candy option.

I actually got round to driving 1 whole minute to see the guys at AquaGraphix last Saturday lol they do some amazing stuff there. Hopefully they'll be doing my interior plastics within the next week (providing I can get the alpine head unit out arghhhh).

I've got to say at the moment the gold weave looks favourite as it looks amazing in the flesh (not too blingy) although a really dark red also looks tempting

I had seen the pics on Facebook and wondered who owned the Zed they were working on. They are just up the road from me as well :) .

CRB you have me curious as to where you're based now... as there aren't that many shops in Crumlin :lol:

CRB you have me curious as to where you're based now... as there aren't that many shops in Crumlin :lol:

Lol your not wrong either

I own the flooring shop above the builders merchant right at the traffic lights

Edited by Crb

really dark red also looks tempting

My thoughts exactly, going to try and get my interior booked in for next month :)

I went dark red carbon wrap on my VX, didnt suit it at all just seemed to take down the ambience of the cockpit...

really dark red also looks tempting

My thoughts exactly, going to try and get my interior booked in for next month :)

I went dark red carbon wrap on my VX, didnt suit it at all just seemed to take down the ambience of the cockpit...

Also probably doubled the weight of the car :lol:

Edit - sorry meant go-kart not car :p

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my parts back from Aquagraphix..... I've got to say they look stunning.

tyzyjequ.jpg

ba5u7a8y.jpg

yhypy8ad.jpg

upa2atyd.jpg

pa9ygypy.jpg

AquaGraphix tried some pretty unique colour schemes out for me..... But it was the gold weave that looked best by miles.

On a side note also discovered this was in the car lol

use4anam.jpg

• Like 1