Dipping the interior

3sjr

Hi Crb, same question as wizurd (if you don't mind telling us of course) but also did you have to strip out the stuff yourself and then send it to them? or did you drive to them & they did it while you waited? Reason I ask is because I want them to do my passenger & drivers side door pulls but I use the car daily so wasn't sure how this would work for me without having something to hold my electric window switches etc whilst I was still using the car. Looks great btw. B)

You can either take the bits off and post them off to Aqua or visit them. They tend not to take the items off themselves (they can) but in fairness they don't want to break anything so having the bits off is easier.

The dipping takes a few hours/days for drying, prep, etc. not a quick afternoon job - especially with things like the dash and side trim with that crap rubber-type coating.

I've just recently bought a 350Z roadster hence why I'm new on here, couldn't help but notice this thread as I do carbon dipping myself as a business line. I will have a trader account on here soon so I can sell and advertise etc, but for anyone serious about this and around the Essex area I will be in operation shortly, going to dip my interior first next weekend,

Edited by Tyler

Those pieces look really nice dude - I am hoping to try my hand at this soon as the process looks easy (isn) for small items, and the centre dash is key on my list. This has helped me see how awesome it will look.

The only thing that caught my eye right away was the pattern angle differences between the cubby lid and the main console panel. They could have at least matches the angles of the weave when the dipped it.

Hey crb. Any chance you could let me know how much that set u back? Gonna contact the same company and try to get the same pieces done.

I am having the same parts done and was quoted £200 for the same process. Mine gets sent off this weekend. :teeth:

The difference in weave doesn't bother me at all... You've really got to see these in the flesh to appreciate how good these look. Besides I'm not sure if they could get the weave exactly the same without dipping them both together.

Yes the process is really labour intensive with all the prep needed

really dark red also looks tempting

My thoughts exactly, going to try and get my interior booked in for next month :)

I went dark red carbon wrap on my VX, didnt suit it at all just seemed to take down the ambience of the cockpit...

I'm in process of doing mine at the moment...and will be dipping it as its in your picture!

And yea, loads of sanding down and labour involved...door handles/switches not to bad, as its smooth plastic, but centre console is not smooth...and requires quite a lot of time on it

• Like 1

null_zps50e71003.jpgI am in the process of stripping my spare parts down ready to send on Monday and have a quick question to anyone that has had theirs dipped. Did you strip out the gauge pods completely or send what's shown in the photo?

I took them the whole console including cubby and pods.... But they are only 1 mile from me

null_zps50e71003.jpgI am in the process of stripping my spare parts down ready to send on Monday and have a quick question to anyone that has had theirs dipped. Did you strip out the gauge pods completely or send what's shown in the photo?

When I had mine done I took the pods out and had everything done separately, made for a far better job and as the good knew what he was doing, he got the direction and line up of the weave perfect.